Mojave Lift Options

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLUR, S5
For those who have the metal cloak lift on the Mojave, what is the measurement of the front from the middle of the shock bolt where it mounts to the shock extension to the lower shock extension in the middle of the bolt.

Also if you can measure the rear shock the same way, from the middle of the upper bolt to the middle of the bottom bolt of the shock that would be much appreciated.

piroman683

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gladiator
has anyone attempted to install 3.0 external bypass shocks on their rig? I tried to start a post and have not heard or seen anything. Initial measurements in the rear show it could work, just need to be sure of location of bypass tubes (which can be adjusted in a custom order)

OP
OP
SloW8

SloW8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
has anyone attempted to install 3.0 external bypass shocks on their rig? I tried to start a post and have not heard or seen anything. Initial measurements in the rear show it could work, just need to be sure of location of bypass tubes (which can be adjusted in a custom order)
You will need to check the mounting eye diameter. The Mojave uses a larger bolt than the other Gladiators. So I would think you would need a bushing or a bigger hole on the shocks. May want to check with Fox on that.

Edit: For some reason I missed external bypass and read external reservoir. My bad.

Last edited:

Sponsored

piroman683

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gladiator
You will need to check the mounting eye diameter. The Mojave uses a larger bolt than the other Gladiators. So I would think you would need a bushing or a bigger hole on the shocks. May want to check with Fox on that.
i'm less worried about that, more interested if anyone has tried it. I'm working with an off-road racing company in CA to get one on as a test fit, but have not had time to make the hour+ drive on the weekend to the shop and begin the fit up process.

OP
OP
SloW8

SloW8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
i'm less worried about that, more interested if anyone has tried it. I'm working with an off-road racing company in CA to get one on as a test fit, but have not had time to make the hour+ drive on the weekend to the shop and begin the fit up process.
Fox lists the 3.0 in their catalog for the Gladiator so if you aren’t worried about the mounting bolts you should be good.

piroman683

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gladiator
Fox lists the 3.0 in their catalog for the Gladiator so if you aren’t worried about the mounting bolts you should be good.
those are the internal bypass, I'm interested in the external bypass. a 4 tube set up to be exact. the challenge is tube placement relative to frame at full compression

NCLife

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
So have a Mojave with a 3" spacer up front and 2" in the rear. I have the extended shock mounts, end links all the stuff. I even have a Yeti adjustable track bar up front etc.

My question is do I need geometry brackets? I see them talked about, but I'm not sure why I'd need them. Everything rides great. Axles are. Roth centered.

Educate me.

OP
OP
SloW8

SloW8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
So have a Mojave with a 3" spacer up front and 2" in the rear. I have the extended shock mounts, end links all the stuff. I even have a Yeti adjustable track bar up front etc.

My question is do I need geometry brackets? I see them talked about, but I'm not sure why I'd need them. Everything rides great. Axles are. Roth centered.

Educate me.
The brackets will give you better on road geometry at the cost of some ground clearance. It will have more caster and also roll over bumps better than stock because your control arms are at a better angle.

Have you had an alignment? Most guys are shooting for the high end of stock spec caster to get better driving characteristics. That seems to be high 5° to 6° range.

The other option is adjustable control arms. They don't have the same effect on bump control but do adjust your caster.

Sponsored

NCLife

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
The brackets will give you better on road geometry at the cost of some ground clearance. It will have more caster and also roll over bumps better than stock because your control arms are at a better angle.

Have you had an alignment? Most guys are shooting for the high end of stock spec caster to get better driving characteristics. That seems to be high 5° to 6° range.

The other option is adjustable control arms. They don't have the same effect on bump control but do adjust your caster.
I forgot to mention I do have adjustable control arms. Okay I need to do more reading then. Thank you.

Wags4

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Any update on your lift? Pics?
Yes! Sorry been busy lately and forgot to follow up on here. We installed the rusty’s 2” lift with their shock extensions and their springs that they partnered with Eibach on. I have about 1k miles on this setup so far and have already hit some trails with it. It has performed great so far. The springs are a little stiffer than the stock but seem to work well with the fox shocks. Still rides great off of the pavement and have not really noticed any negative effects from the new springs. It gained just under 2” of lift. The lift kits parts appear to be good quality, time will tell. Personally i am very happy with this setup. I will update with any issues I run across but everything is working well.
Jeep Gladiator Mojave Lift Options 8D8BC769-6D17-4470-BBAA-BB982E8A326D

Tuggernuts

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Occupation
Truck driver
Yes! Sorry been busy lately and forgot to follow up on here. We installed the rusty’s 2” lift with their shock extensions and their springs that they partnered with Eibach on. I have about 1k miles on this setup so far and have already hit some trails with it. It has performed great so far. The springs are a little stiffer than the stock but seem to work well with the fox shocks. Still rides great off of the pavement and have not really noticed any negative effects from the new springs. It gained just under 2” of lift. The lift kits parts appear to be good quality, time will tell. Personally i am very happy with this setup. I will update with any issues I run across but everything is working well.
Jeep Gladiator Mojave Lift Options 2EF6F06C-3B86-4BBE-8B00-FE4CA1A337C4
With the stiffer springs, do you find that you bottom out on the front bump stops less?

Wags4

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
With the stiffer springs, do you find that you bottom out on the front bump stops less?
Yes, didnt bottom out once this past weekend, I also don’t feel like I lost anything in the ride quality, it was still extremely smooth off road. I need to get a better picture, it sits higher than what it appears in the one I posted.
Sponsored