Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Altitude, Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Firefighter/ EMT
OP I hope you don't mind me jumping in on your thread... I am in the same boat. I really like the look of a more solid style military look. I was thinking of the Black Rhino Arsenal, Armory or the warthog.

My new JT is Sting Grey and I prefer an all matte black wheel. I cant seem to wrap my head around the offset and back spacing. I want to run 35" on 17 but not sure of the offset\backspace to keep it in spec and as little poke as possible.

I am open to suggestion on other wheels in the same style but cant seem to wrap my head around the exact wheel size, width, offset and back spacing...

Thanks in advance!

I don’t mind at all. The more, the merrier.
Sponsored

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
OP I hope you don't mind me jumping in on your thread... I am in the same boat. I really like the look of a more solid style military look. I was thinking of the Black Rhino Arsenal, Armory or the warthog.

My new JT is Sting Grey and I prefer an all matte black wheel. I cant seem to wrap my head around the offset and back spacing. I want to run 35" on 17 but not sure of the offset\backspace to keep it in spec and as little poke as possible.

I am open to suggestion on other wheels in the same style but cant seem to wrap my head around the exact wheel size, width, offset and back spacing...

Thanks in advance!
I have 8” wide wheels with wheel spacers that make them equivalent to +6 offset. I also have wide axles. And 12.50 wide tires.

IMG_5349.jpeg

IMG_4264.jpeg

IMG_4770.jpeg

Sponsored

Sw00per

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mojave
Ok guys. What did your 35 " tire & wheel combo weight each? I think I read that stock Mojave is about 88lbs. << fact check please :)

I am interested to know the impact on performance you noticed due to the larger and heavier tire/wheels on acceleration, steering...

If I go with the Black Rhino Warthog which is 25.96 lbs. plus the BFG AT KO2 LT315/70R17C @ 62 lbs. that is 87.96 lbs so a bit of savings if my info is right :fingerscrossed:.

Alternatively, the Nitto Ridge Grappler LT315/70R17E is 70 lbs. so 95.96 so a + 31 lbs. for all four.

Thanks in advance.

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
Ok guys. What did your 35 " tire & wheel combo weight each? I think I read that stock Mojave is about 88lbs. << fact check please :)

I am interested to know the impact on performance you noticed due to the larger and heavier tire/wheels on acceleration, steering...

If I go with the Black Rhino Warthog which is 25.96 lbs. plus the BFG AT KO2 LT315/70R17C @ 62 lbs. that is 87.96 lbs so a bit of savings if my info is right :fingerscrossed:.

Alternatively, the Nitto Ridge Grappler LT315/70R17E is 70 lbs. so 95.96 so a + 31 lbs. for all four.

Thanks in advance.
I think I’m about 90 lbs per wheel and tire.

Tires are 35x12.50x20 Goodyear Ultraterrain and weigh 60 lbs each. Guessing stock 20x8 wheels are about 30 lbs.

Acceleration and steering are both fine. Cruising in 8th is not. It’s not so much the weight, it’s the tire diameter and the 3.73 gears.

Sw00per

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mojave
I think I’m about 90 lbs per wheel and tire.

Tires are 35x12.50x20 Goodyear Ultraterrain and weigh 60 lbs each. Guessing stock 20x8 wheels are about 30 lbs.

Acceleration and steering are both fine. Cruising in 8th is not. It’s not so much the weight, it’s the tire diameter and the 3.73 gears.
I have 4:10 so it should be ok with the tire size set correctly. Thanks!

Aj58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mojave X

Thanks in advance.
stock wheels and tires are around 86 s your right on.

Dick

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Juliet Tango Romeo
Occupation
Living rent free in Bill's head
I don’t mind at all. The more, the merrier.
So the pics Toyfrog's rig, being zero offset, if you wanted the -12mm 9" rims, your tires would poke 1/2" more. I agree with Lunentucker about pretty much everything. I went with -12mm offset because I'm dumb ;) and because I don't really care for the look of the rim being flush with tire. It also offers a little more protection for the rim. There is a small amount of added stress on components, but my wheel/tire package is light at around 93lbs. My steel spare weighs 91 lbs.

Sponsored

BunkieJeeper75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
construction
I have 8” wide wheels with wheel spacers that make them equivalent to +6 offset. I also have wide axles. And 12.50 wide tires.

Jeep Gladiator Mojave Offset & Backspacing IMG_4770

So would a 7” wheel with a 1/34” spacer be less poke?

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
So would a 7” wheel with a 1/34” spacer be less poke?
Stock wheel? I think they are all 7.5” except the ones I have.

If so, it would have about the same amount of poke.

I have 1.5” wheel spacers.
Sponsored

Last edited: