Sponsored

Mojave Shock Rebuild / Replace at What Mileage?

navyspook7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dune 2014 JKUS
Curious if anyone knows what kind of mileage can be expected from the Mojave's shocks assuming daily driver duty, with occasional wheeling (probably nothing close to what the Mojave could actually do). Obviously it's not been out for too long, but I'm sure people have similar shocks on other Jeeps and other vehicles. Going to be doing an order and trying to figure what my overall costs will be. Would want to know up front if there's going to be a $7K shock bill down the line somewhere (though I understand rebuilding is an option too). Thanks all!
Sponsored

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave, 2020 124 Spider Abarth
Occupation
Almost Retired
I've read hours and hours and hours of Mojave threads and information. Have not heard one person bring up replacing/rebuilding shocks. I would think these heavy duty shocks will have a long life as a daily driver. It will be interesting to see what the experts say!

Hope you enjoy your Mojave as much as I have mine!

Last edited:
OP
OP

navyspook7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dune 2014 JKUS
Likewise, can't seem to find any info on it. I would think it would be a long time, but then again they are all filled with oil that has a performance life. I found one site for the Ford Raptor that does a shock exchange program for rebuilds. It said they do this because it would otherwise take a month to send them in to Fox for rebuild. That site said the recommendation for Raptor was rebuild every 10-50k miles, depending on use, which seems somewhat excessive unless you're really abusing them. Still, might be worth investing in some discount shocks to run while the good ones are in the shop so it's not dead in the water. At least the JT/JL shocks are a helluva lot easier to swap than the JK.

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
If they need to be replaced at say 30k miles, would rubicon shocks mount without modification? Yes, we paid a premium for the Mojave shocks, but how many of us will benefit from them?

I bought it because I drive 20k+ miles a year and because I liked the orange highlights more than the red, bit I doubt I need the shock design. Once I have my canopy camper and all the other bolt on crap, I will probably have to replace the coils anyways.

coder

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Power Wagon, 2019 JLUS
Drive them until they are dripping fluid or have no pressure left in one or more shocks (my guess would be 50k-100k miles). Then rebuild or replace them whichever is more cost effective. These are not dedicated racing shocks that need to be rebuilt after every race, these are OEM shocks that are designed for the daily driver.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
drive them until they leak or until the ride get’s bouncy.

Having shocks serviced isn’t terribly expensive usually. few hundred bucks.
Sponsored