Sponsored

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Are there any shocks that fit our Mojave right out of box that are available….
Since I am not the Fox warehouse I can't say! They have to start somewhere with having replacement parts when ppl need rebuilds.

If I had to wait 8 weeks I would simply never purchase another Fox product. Even if the rebuild was free, one would need to have another vehicle or buy other shocks for the time... not realistic at all.

I've had Fox shocks on many vehicles, including one Jeep that had 70000 miles on the Fox shocks with a lot of disconnected wheeling where the shock was the travel limiting factor and they were working perfectly great still..

I think ppl talk too much about this with no real experience.
Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yikes...I just turned over 32k. I'll probably hit 50k before Christmas. Luckily I do have a JK I can drive while they are being rebuilt. Anyone know how long it takes for a rebuild?
There's no Yikes.
They don't suddenly blow up at 50k miles.

You would get slightly diminished damping and it would continue to degrade over time. Probably so gradually that you wouldn't notice anything until you got the rebuilt ones back and suddenly your truck handled like new again.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Yikes...I just turned over 32k. I'll probably hit 50k before Christmas. Luckily I do have a JK I can drive while they are being rebuilt. Anyone know how long it takes for a rebuild?
lots of high quality shops can rebuild raptor shocks. There’s a shop northeast of ft worth called Tribe 16 that I know can and they do excellent work in general

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Took 8 weeks to get my Bilstein 7100 remote shocks rebuilt. Took 5 months to get my custom valve King shocks. Took 6 months to get my JRZ 4 way shocks.

OP
OP
yoda13

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Since I am not the Fox warehouse I can't say! They have to start somewhere with having replacement parts when ppl need rebuilds.

If I had to wait 8 weeks I would simply never purchase another Fox product. Even if the rebuild was free, one would need to have another vehicle or buy other shocks for the time... not realistic at all.

I've had Fox shocks on many vehicles, including one Jeep that had 70000 miles on the Fox shocks with a lot of disconnected wheeling where the shock was the travel limiting factor and they were working perfectly great still..

I think ppl talk too much about this with no real experience.
I have zero experience, I was just talking about what Fox told me. You are, of course, absolutely correct. There’s a good chance they last longer!

Sponsored

calipoontappa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Here’s what rear Fox 2.5 adjustables sound like after less than 10k miles…$1500.00 shocks should not sound or perform like this in such little time. They have seen zero off-road use btw.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here’s what rear Fox 2.5 adjustables sound like after less than 10k miles…$1500.00 shocks should not sound or perform like this in such little time. They have seen zero off-road use btw.

will the dealer warranty them?

OP
OP
yoda13

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
will the dealer warranty them?
So, is it the sound that’s off, I know they aren’t supposed to sound like that, or do they also seem to not be performing up to spec?

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave

My driver side rear has been leaking for a while on my 2021 Mojave, I’ve seen post about other having the same issue. Work is slowing down so hopefully I can get to the dealership and see what they say? I’ve actually been thinking about upgrading to the 2.5 DSC’s.

Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a Rubicon w the Clayton 3.5 lift so I bought mine. $3k for all 4. There’s a few threads on here w lots of Mohaves having the same issue.
How has fox been on the warranty?

Though if they are off road shocks, and they aren't leaking, and they aren't sticking then there really isn't anything "wrong " with them.

Is there a known problem that causes this? Will this problem cause failure? For example is it caused by poorly finished shaft which will lead to seal failure?

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver

That's a dry seal. There's a fix for that. Put silicone grease around the seal and on the shaft. Then work the shaft in and out a few times.

calipoontappa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
How has fox been on the warranty?

Though if they are off road shocks, and they aren't leaking, and they aren't sticking then there really isn't anything "wrong " with them.

Is there a known problem that causes this? Will this problem cause failure? For example is it caused by poorly finished shaft which will lead to seal failure?
they want me to ship to them for review. 8 week turnaround. Won’t pay for shipping regardless of the result.

they are not leaking but definitely sticking.

calipoontappa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
That's a dry seal. There's a fix for that. Put silicone grease around the seal and on the shaft. Then work the shaft in and out a few times.
I’ve had to do that every few weeks. For $1500 a set I don’t think that I should have to do anything but drive.

calipoontappa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
So, is it the sound that’s off, I know they aren’t supposed to sound like that, or do they also seem to not be performing up to spec?
They shouldn’t be sticking like that either. The sound is terrible but they should be super smooth.
Sponsored