Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
A possible solution for anyone who is needing to send theirs in.

shock extensions + oem take off shocks. Many guys will literally give their oem shocks away…and extensions arent awfully expensive. Could be a cheaper way to bridge the gap.

i got my fox 2.0s from a forum member who i guess replaced them off his 2in mopar lift. Wonderful shock, but i may look at other brands when these are worn out to a noticeable level.
Sponsored

OP
OP
yoda13

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
A possible solution for anyone who is needing to send theirs in.

shock extensions + oem take off shocks. Many guys will literally give their oem shocks away…and extensions arent awfully expensive. Could be a cheaper way to bridge the gap.

i got my fox 2.0s from a forum member who i guess replaced them off his 2in mopar lift. Wonderful shock, but i may look at other brands when these are worn out to a noticeable level.
I thought shock extensions for other JTs wouldn’t work on Mojave…. That would sure make this easier…

Brojave22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
ATC
So your telling me since I do some light off roading, in theory, every 10k miles I have to send away my shocks for almost 2 months for service? Obv they are saying this is the point when they will possibly start to degrade, but this just seems absurd... will the jeep warranty do anything?

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
There are no free lunches, folks. From experience, I will offer that better than 90% of humans have no clue as to the needs of things mechanical. The wait and expense of maintaining my vehicles is exactly why I roll my own. Otherwise, it would be cheaper to ride the bus.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP
yoda13

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
OP
OP
yoda13

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
So your telling me since I do some light off roading, in theory, every 10k miles I have to send away my shocks for almost 2 months for service? Obv they are saying this is the point when they will possibly start to degrade, but this just seems absurd... will the jeep warranty do anything?
I doubt it. A few people have gotten help for the squeaking issue, but just as many, probably a lot more have been denied, at least from what I have read. So, I doubt you will get any joy on wear and tear. Of course, over on the FB group, several people are rolling well over 50K miles with no issues, that they are willing to say anyway.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
The shocks on the Mojave use a different size bolt in the front. It’s a 14mm instead of 12mm.
has anyone tried getting a set of extensions and just drilling the holes larger to accommodate the larger bolt then? I dont follow the mojave threads so this is all new intel for me.

OP
OP
yoda13

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
has anyone tried getting a set of extensions and just drilling the holes larger to accommodate the larger bolt then? I dont follow the mojave threads so this is all new intel for me.
If the top of the shock is the only one that uses 14 mm bolts, I think this would work. If the bottom does too, I don’t think it would.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
If the top of the shock is the only one that uses 14 mm bolts, I think this would work. If the bottom does too, I don’t think it would.
hmmmm fair. I wasn't thinking about the top end.

Sponsored

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
lots of high quality shops can rebuild raptor shocks. There’s a shop northeast of ft worth called Tribe 16 that I know can and they do excellent work in general
Right on. Mount Zion is an officially licensed Ford Raptor -> Fox shock re-builder in Dover PA. A buddy and I took his F-150 (not a raptor, he was running external resi Fox gear though as was I on a 4Runner at that time) and they had them off, rebuilt and us back on the road in a few hours. His symptoms were limited to a mushy ride so he just kept riding on them, waiting for them to truly degrade, it never happened. As mentioned earlier, it was so gradual that he decided he'd have them rebuilt when he got around to it. A half mile down the road post re-build he was super happy at the difference though.

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
So your telling me since I do some light off roading...
Many 4x4 outfitters will recco against king/radflo/fox/falcon/etc. for the above use case because you're putting real money and time into a look. On road, standard Fox IPF (disposable) and heck even Billy 5100s paired with a decent spring feel so darn close to a $5k King setup you REALLY have to question the motive on the investment in those shocks aftermarket (or paying OEM premium) if in fact your off-road usage is light. Same with winch maintenance. People throw a cover on and forget them only to find them seize, then bitter and resentful towards winch manufacturers when they learn most call for reel out and medium load pulls monthly.

Brojave22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
ATC
Many 4x4 outfitters will recco against king/radflo/fox/falcon/etc. for the above use case because you're putting real money and time into a look. On road, standard Fox IPF (disposable) and heck even Billy 5100s paired with a decent spring feel so darn close to a $5k King setup you REALLY have to question the motive on the investment in those shocks aftermarket (or paying OEM premium) if in fact your off-road usage is light. Same with winch maintenance. People throw a cover on and forget them only to find them seize, then bitter and resentful towards winch manufacturers when they learn most call for reel out and medium load pulls monthly.
Forgive me I have read this a few times and dont understand what you are trying to say, I think what your saying is since I do Light off roading the fox shocks are to much shock for light off roading?? I am on the beach a few times a week, but i dont consider it to be extreme off roading, 30mph max, going 5 miles out 5 miles back, I consider it light becasue im not jumping it in the dunes in mojave, the truck and shocks are perfect for what I do. No need to to reconsider my investment, I know what I bought , I feel some "why buy a mojave if you not doing extreme off roading" coming from you

f33d

First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
So should I just send it at 50 and replace with a quality set of kings?

OP
OP
yoda13

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
So should I just send it at 50 and replace with a quality set of kings?
I think that this is what I am going to do, or the shocks on the Teraflex Mojave…then when it’s time to rebuild those, I can the rebuilt Fix shocks back on…
Sponsored