Mopar 2” vs Clayton 3.5” lift before and after

Stacked JT

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stingray JT Rubicon
hmm. Personally, im not completely happy with how the mopar 2 inch rides. I was thinking of switching to the clayton 3.5 but my 35 inch tires are still fairly new. maybe i just get their 2.5 and keep the Mopar fox shocks till im ready to go 37s, then upgrade to the bigger springs and shocks then? hmmm.
Sponsored

Jabakkarabbit

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
This thread is causing wet dreams in anticipation of what's in my future.............

StingyJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
This summer we installed a lot of heavier duty steering parts, and noticed that it was actually binding a little/making contact with the Mopar 2 inch lift we had. Check this link for full specs:Silvertruck build notes

After discussing with my builder Elite Offroad and Performance in Chelsea, AL, we decided the best cure was to give the entire jeep a little more air to correct some angles and incidental contact. We went with the @Clayton Off Road 3.5” overland plus kit.

I have to really hand it to Clayton, this kit is as high quality as it gets. The spring rates combined with the bushing design and fox 2.0 shocks make the jeep ride much much better on highway. Specifically, less jouncing and also feels more planted while somehow also not allowing a lot of harshness from expansion joints, etc on these crappy alabama freeways. Very sure footed.

The mopar lift was a good start, in retrospect a great bang for the buck. If I hadn’t wanted to take the jeep further than it would have been fine, except now I also know about how custom length control arms set up for better steering angles and less energy transfer into the frame. With the new heft under the front end, the mopar spec springs and shocks wanted to walk around a little.

I will try to post off road pics on this thread once my driveshaft is in and I can get out there. For now, I wanted to offer these comments above and also provide before and after shots below for anyone considering this mod or what a JT on 37’s looks like with the mopar vs the clayton kit. See my build thread above for more pics and full specs.

“Before” means with Mopar kit. “After” means with Clayton 3.5 inch Overland Plus.

FDDB6CCF-5E7E-406E-9C17-98FFD88C54FC.jpeg
68DAD4FB-472A-4158-88B3-F104608394AC.jpeg
558B6A46-E41B-4394-B7A4-EEDCE3CEC3C8.jpeg
7B341A17-7E7D-4D34-B244-36FA1EF74842.jpeg
E4FB534F-09CB-4923-8049-8BB0D408383A.jpeg
B0CF2334-360A-4227-804C-6E93101BDBA4.jpeg
B007DB3C-D346-4C01-AF8D-7A0BB004E4A4.jpeg
I have a Rubicon on 37s with Mopar lift with 3/4 spacers added. When you say “take it further”, was it articulation or trails you want to run that you were held back on?

OP
OP
Silvertruck

Silvertruck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I have a Rubicon on 37s with Mopar lift with 3/4 spacers added. When you say “take it further”, was it articulation or trails you want to run that you were held back on?
articulation and on road manners improved with clayton. But what i was referring to in going further is i had also done a lot of steering and front axle mods (2 ton drag link and tie rod, stabilizer relo, gusseted and trussed axle, yeti track bar, etc). The result of these mods was that there wasnt enough clearance with the mopar lift.

also, for me i found that the caster was hard to dial in with the mopar control arms. Having the ability to adjust the length for me helped the rig track on the street. The way we bult the silvertruck probably far exceeded what i was comfortable with subjecting a $65k rig to on trail but the end result was a rig that could go basically anywhere and could accept 40’s if we had wanted them (axle risks aside)
Sponsored