Sponsored

Mopar 2" lift worth the $ to keep warranty?

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
When I'm ready for a lift, I'll be going Mopar 2".

This is my first truck, but over the years I've had various modifications on my cars and I've experienced the spectrum on dealer support. Some would look the other way (I had one Ford dealer who was awesome) and I've had others who immediately pointed to a mod as reason to void a warranty (regardless of the cause/symptom of the problem).

Because of this, I'll play it safe and Mopar it...
Sponsored

OP
OP
Robicon

Robicon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Curious... does it state anywhere that if using Mopar parts and installed by a Mopar authorized dealership that the parts are under warranty and the entire vehicle's warranty is still in tact?

1OffCraz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
It's listed as part of the vehicle at delivery.
In addition to the listing on the sale order: "Mopar Performance Lift PKG"

I also have from the Dealer:
Vehicle Alteration Disclosure Form that states:
Be aware that Mopar Performance Accessories will not have an effect on warranties and/or services when installed by an authorized dealer.

Deleted member 30519

I was advised by a reliable source that as long as the lift is under 2.5” it won’t void the warranty regardless of who installs it. Now if you can get the Mopar done at the dealer for a reasonable price go for it. That’ll cover everything but my dealer wanted almost 10k for lift and wheels and tires, no can do for me.
Wow, that's news to me. I have a 3.5" lift.

Sponsored

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
To those that have the Mopar 2" lift on their Gladiator (and even those that don't but have considered it)... do you think it's worth the money for it and to have the dealer install it to keep all the factory warranty? Is there even any guarantee after install, warranty would remain in tact?

Reason I am asking... the Mopar lift here is around $2300 CDN from the dealer. Add on around $900 CDN for install and alignment. Then of course add tax to that.
For that price, it seems I can get a "better" lift kit and have it installed at a local shop for the same price.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Looking to go with some KMC 17" 0 offset wheels and 37" tires (still undecided on make) on my Rubicon JT. As the JT is only 2 months old, it would be nice to keep warranty since there is so much left.

Thanks in advance!
Curious which dealership told you it’s $900 to install and alignment. It’s way less than that.

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Well there is always the go ask your dealer what they would cover if you installed a different lift. Just record the conversation or ask them to put it in writing or both. If they say they will cover. May also want a statement from Jeep. Otherwise I would just go the Mopar route or wait until your warranty expires. The Gladiator is very capable in the stock form. But I guess the real question is will this be a mall crawler or rock crawler? I ask because If you are going to be testing the vehicles limits a warranty sure is nice to have as if a part has a weak spot you are much more likely to find off road than on. That said, your warranty for everything else would not be impacted by a lift. So you are gambling a bit that you break a suspension part that is still a factory component. Check the laws in Canada but in the US there is the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act which basically says aftermarket parts don’t void your warranty. There are also warranties on aftermarket lift kit parts as well so if something there broke the company that installed the lift may cover it. Long story short, a lift kit wouldn’t change engine, transmission, transfer case or other unrelated component warranties unless in the unlikely event they could prove that “your big tires” caused undue stress on part etc. But that again has to be more proven rather than implied as that is the entire purpose of the Mgnuson-Moss act.

OP
OP
Robicon

Robicon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Curious which dealership told you it’s $900 to install and alignment. It’s way less than that.
will PM you

Sponsored

OP
OP
Robicon

Robicon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Well there is always the go ask your dealer what they would cover if you installed a different lift. Just record the conversation or ask them to put it in writing or both. If they say they will cover. May also want a statement from Jeep. Otherwise I would just go the Mopar route or wait until your warranty expires. The Gladiator is very capable in the stock form. But I guess the real question is will this be a mall crawler or rock crawler? I ask because If you are going to be testing the vehicles limits a warranty sure is nice to have as if a part has a weak spot you are much more likely to find off road than on. That said, your warranty for everything else would not be impacted by a lift. So you are gambling a bit that you break a suspension part that is still a factory component. Check the laws in Canada but in the US there is the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act which basically says aftermarket parts don’t void your warranty. There are also warranties on aftermarket lift kit parts as well so if something there broke the company that installed the lift may cover it. Long story short, a lift kit wouldn’t change engine, transmission, transfer case or other unrelated component warranties unless in the unlikely event they could prove that “your big tires” caused undue stress on part etc. But that again has to be more proven rather than implied as that is the entire purpose of the Mgnuson-Moss act.
Thanks for the reply. That is my concern - while we have a similar act in Canada as your Magnuson-Moss act trying to enforce it is another story. If I get engine problems and they say “well your oversized tires cause additional stress on the engine so it’s not under warranty”... trying to make them prove my tires caused the issue can be a lost cause itself. Spending a ton to take them to court for example.
Overall, seems like the majority of Mopar lift owners are happy with it. Just add an adjustable track bar while doing it and should be all that is needed?

Oh and forgot to answer... it’s in between mall crawler and rock crawler. I enjoy mild-medium off roading but as it’s my daily driver I don’t plan on pushing its limits over massive boulders.

Last edited:

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reply. That is my concern - while we have a similar act in Canada as your Magnuson-Moss act trying to enforce it is another story. If I get engine problems and they say “well your oversized tires cause additional stress on the engine so it’s not under warranty”... trying to make them prove my tires caused the issue can be a lost cause itself. Spending a ton to take them to court for example.
Overall, seems like the majority of Mopar lift owners are happy with it. Just add an adjustable track bar while doing it and should be all that is needed?

Oh and forgot to answer... it’s in between mall crawler and rock crawler. I enjoy mild-medium off roading but as it’s my daily driver I don’t plan on pushing its limits over massive boulders.
I don’t know how your law is written but with the US law you file a dispute with Jeep directly and they then have the burden of proof that it caused the issue not you having to prove that it didn’t. But in the meantime you either pay up front to repair and get a refund months later once you win the arbitration or go to court to see if you fair better which gets expensive. In most cases what you will find aside from the hassle involved they will pay for most warranty work. The things they may balk at for a lift is something like an axle, steering gear, tie rod end, frame issue where components connect or a power steering issue. You would likely be good on any accessories, engine, transmission or transfer case issue though the transfer case may also get a little pushback. I think asking FCA Or the dealership and getting it in writing would go a long way. In the US case law is used as precedent in reviewing legal standing and options. Judges in most cases will seldom ever overturn another judges prior ruling And since attorneys know this they use those prior rulings as leverage.

sirsamuel764

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Jeep Gladiator Mopar 2" lift worth the $ to keep warranty? image000001

I went mopar lift and have zero regrets. Had it done at the dealership upon purchase and had free install worked into the deal. Warranty is still intact. Drives super smooth. I planned on upgrading the steering stabilizer, but dont even feel the need to do that in the immediate timeframe. I'm very impressed with the mopar lift.

As far as mopar lift on the Sport S is concerned, I am so impressed by the amount of lift I got. I was beside a chevy 2500 today at a stop and we were same height. I was beside a Toyota Tundra the other day and felt like I was towering over it (I'm on 35s).

JKABBQ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Corsair, 1991 P40
The dealer installed my Mopar lift and because I paid for additional extra 2 yrs warranty for my JTR my Mopar lift is also extended to include the extra 2yrs. Also in Canada.

OP
OP
Robicon

Robicon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
The dealer installed my Mopar lift and because I paid for additional extra 2 yrs warranty for my JTR my Mopar lift is also extended to include the extra 2yrs. Also in Canada.
How much did the dealer charge you to install it if you don’t mind me asking?
Sponsored