Sponsored

Mopar hard tri fold tonneau cover leaking

Macari7755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S
Any body else having tonneau cover leak problems?
I have the Mopar hard tri fold cover on a 2021 Spot S. Leaks every time it rains. Bringing it to the dealer next week.
Any chance I can get them to just take the cover back and get a refund? Only had the Jeep for a couple weeks now.
06E6A9BD-6106-4795-A13D-5DBEC5EDDB63.jpeg
Sponsored

ParsonBrown

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Pastor and Mechanical Engineer
If I had to guess they won’t take it back, but I bet they fix it/make it right. It probably just needs an adjustment.

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
I dont think they claim its a perfect water seal. If I remember correctly, Lomax is the only one who advertises their trifold tonneau as being water tight.

lppd45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon M/T, 1966 Deville convertible, 2013 Jetta TDI M/T, 2003 Road King, and 2016 CVO Street Glide
Occupation
Retired
I have the same cover on mine. It was factory ordered and installed by the dealer. The only leak that I had was when it was run through a car wash and even that was minor. Take it back to the dealer for repair.

Batchinguy

First Name
STEVEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I have the same issue with mine.
dealer said it’s a design flaw with lack of caps. I’d rather get the soft one for a dry bed

Sponsored

Rubiwoo

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Self Employeed
mine leaks

atxatxatx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK2Grand Cherokee,Gladiator Mojave
Yup it leaks like that on my one also

farmjeep

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.farmjeep.com
Vehicle(s)
47 CJ2a, 49 CJ3a 79 CJ7 2015 Cherokee 2021 JTS
Occupation
Retired
Old thread but new JT owner. I only seem to be leaking on the passenger side, near the rear. I have a BedRug so hard to tell the source of the leak. Anyone have a follow up or suggestions for adjustments? These are pretty simple so don't know if there is a cure.

Daddiator54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Freedom
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed mine. Already confirm it leaks. Very minor though and mostly at the very rear of bed towards cab. While the instructions say that the included seal tape is not necessary with a drop in bed liner, I think if I installed it along the rear edge, that would stop the leaks but I’ll need to investigate further before confirming.

I mean, I wouldnt expect jeep or mopar to state it’s waterproof unless someone has seen that in writing. If you just look at the design and seals, you can immediately see it’s not really designed to be 100% water tight. I noticed plenty of gaps and design flaws when putting it together. But don’t get me wrong. The leaks are very minor and I still love it.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
No fix that I found when i had one. I ended up selling mine and buying the mopar soft rolling cover. Ive been beyond pleased with it. Zero leaks and it doesn’t eat into the interior bed space.
Sponsored