MOPAR Headliner Failure

Chris H

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Gator Green
Anyone else experience the rear hardtop headliner falling off after about 7 months? Dealer installed at purchase. I have a local dealer looking at it and fixing it but don't want it to happen again.

:jk:
Sponsored

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
My LE has it, but I assume it came from the factory. Absolutely no issue here, and I am not parked in a garage or car port ever.

OP
OP

Chris H

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m leaning towards incorrect install. They probably just slapped it on without doing any prep work (light sanding/acetone).
I'm guessing it was probably an install issue. I'm sure the local dealer will share their thoughts when they're done.

JeffInFLA

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered the Mopar headliner from my dealer. Hoping to get it this week. I’ll be sure to pay special attention to the install instructions.

Sponsored

JeffInFLA

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered the Mopar headliner from my dealer. Hoping to get it this week. I’ll be sure to pay special attention to the install instructions.
I installed my Mopar Headliner Kit tokay - opted to take the top of to do it. SUPER easy!

So far I’m very happy with the look of it and I noticed a distinct change in the acoustics with it installed. Music sounds better, conversations as well. We’ll see how the insulation factor works in the coming days, but I’m pleased so far.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Mine was drooping in the middle on the rear headliner from the factory. Took it to local dealer who confirmed the issue and added extra velcro to secure it. Next time I'll have them secure the freedom panel pieces that are loose on the edges.

OP
OP

Chris H

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine was drooping in the middle on the rear headliner from the factory. Took it to local dealer who confirmed the issue and added extra velcro to secure it. Next time I'll have them secure the freedom panel pieces that are loose on the edges.
Dealer is ordering a new liner kit and replacing mine.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Mine came with it - it was listed on the build sheet, not dealer installed. Already one of the upright pieces in the left rear corner has let loose. It's an adhesive issue for sure.
So even the factory has problems......

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Dealer is ordering a new liner kit and replacing mine.
You'll run into the same problem add there isn't enough adhesive. There are no attachment points in there middle of the rear headliner.
Sponsored