Sponsored

alextremo

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
So can you replace the blade or do you have to buy a whole new set?
The spare that came with the kit is the picture in my hand. When I need to replace them I will buy the generic refill that I posted (or something similar) I haven’t needed to replace them yet but looking at the ones that came with the kit I don’t see why this wouldn’t work.

Makes a lot more sense that the kit would accept generic refills than use a custom part that they don‘t sell replacements for…

Rob_R

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JTR, 88 YJ, 05 Ram, SPF Cobra, 22 Mach 1
Occupation
Retired
Reviving this thread. Has anyone had long term success with the Mopar wiper setup? I know it has only been 9 months since the release of the kit, so the label "long term" may not be accurate. Any success stories?
Thanks.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
I’ve had a really good luck with mine. Bought them when they first released, no problems ever. I think being very organized and particular with the install is important to not having issues.

Wolf Island Diver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
Software Engineer
Mine work well. I’ve got a splitter so I can use the hood sprayers too and I leave them both on. Pressure is still good. My pump seems to have to reprime itself every time I use them but that’s not the blades. I think the aftermarket/kluge washer bottle I fabricated/installed to make room for inner fender liners on the diesel is to blame. The net effect is a delay before I get fluid. The Mopoor wipers seem to work well though.

Sponsored

Burghardphotography

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '65 MBZ 220s, '66 Riviera GS, '72 F-250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Finding the will to live
Mine have worked perfectly ever since I passed the hoses through their own newly drilled holes with rubber grommets… no more cutting!

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
Mine have worked perfectly ever since I passed the hoses through their own newly drilled holes with rubber grommets… no more cutting!
My setup didn’t work so well (the plastic fitting in the passenger side hose broke,) so I want to run the hose through the cowl before I give up.
The wipers themselves have held up great.

Kevin

abe57

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
retired
Vehicle Showcase
Same here..running the hose next to the wiper arm as per instructions will not most likely work long term.. I to drilled a separate hole and placed a grommet in the hole B4 passing the hose though . Has worked great ever since .

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Mine have been working great since last year, very happy with them. My only concern is that they still haven't released separate blade refills for these. I know one extra set is included, but I don't want to have to buy a whole kit again when these 2 sets are worn out.

Rob_R

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JTR, 88 YJ, 05 Ram, SPF Cobra, 22 Mach 1
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for the replies, everyone. After reading through 19 pages on this forum, I wasn't sure if anyone was satisfied with the wiper kit. I may take the plunge and order the Mopar wipers when my Gladiator order is delivered. Thanks again!

Sponsored

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
I ended up with both hoses cut…

1673735159936.jpeg

1673735213688.jpeg

I finally had some time on a reasonably nice day, so I made some mods to the cowl.
I started opening up the wiper holes a bit:

1673735313983.jpeg

Then put some rubber edging trim on the cut part:

1673735397495.jpeg

The trim I used holds itself in place without any adhesive.
Then I put it back together:

1673735497046.jpeg

So we’ll see how this works.

Kevin
Well, that didn't work out so well...
One of the fittings broke at the disconnect, and the other popped the fitting out of the hose.

So I tried a variation on the hose-through-the-grommet method...

Jeep Gladiator Mopar Performance Windshield Wipers w/ Built-In Washer Jets Released For Jeep Gladiator 1690063708636

My RV uses a similar configuration: that's where I got the idea. It's a bulkhead fitting through the cowl.
I wanted to run the fitting through the side, but then the fittings would hit the main cowl when the black insert is reinstalled.

It looks rather ungainly...

Jeep Gladiator Mopar Performance Windshield Wipers w/ Built-In Washer Jets Released For Jeep Gladiator 1690063789030

But the hoses gently flex without kinking, and there's no abrasive rubbing.
So we'll see how well this holds up.
I've been very pleased with the wipers otherwise.

Kevin

Burghardphotography

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '65 MBZ 220s, '66 Riviera GS, '72 F-250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Finding the will to live
Well, that didn't work out so well...
One of the fittings broke at the disconnect, and the other popped the fitting out of the hose.

So I tried a variation on the hose-through-the-grommet method...

Jeep Gladiator Mopar Performance Windshield Wipers w/ Built-In Washer Jets Released For Jeep Gladiator 1690063789030

My RV uses a similar configuration: that's where I got the idea. It's a bulkhead fitting through the cowl.
I wanted to run the fitting through the side, but then the fittings would hit the main cowl when the black insert is reinstalled.

It looks rather ungainly...

But the hoses gently flex without kinking, and there's no abrasive rubbing.
So we'll see how well this holds up.
I've been very pleased with the wipers otherwise.

Kevin
Nice job, I think that should function well for you. I passed mine through a grommet about a 1/2 inch up the side from your hole, and have had zero binding or rubbing issues since then.
Sponsored