Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Maintenance Technician
Vehicle Showcase
seems like everything i order online is 6-9 week minimum... everyone says due to covid.
Sponsored

OP
OP
obrianmcc

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
seems like everything i order online is 6-9 week minimum... everyone says due to covid.
Yeah .... I'd be ok if they would communicate, however I have ordered items since that have already arrived or have shipping notifications.

OP
OP
obrianmcc

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Generally, they should have just authorized the card, and then it would've dropped off until they actually shipped the product. If the charge is a hard charge on your card, I would call them and request they refund you until the item is scheduled to ship.
Appears to be a charge? .... I've paid for a mythical part

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
Appears to be a charge? .... I've paid for a mythical part
Yea they shouldn't have done that. I'd call them to refund you until the item ships with a tracking number. Many companies do it that way.

Let's say the item is backordered for 2 months, and you cant get them to refund you and you want to cancel. Then you decide that you're going to dispute with your CC. You might have an issue because too much time has passed since the transaction (many CC companies only give you 60 day window from date of original charge). Better safe than sorry.

Sponsored

OP
OP
obrianmcc

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Yea they shouldn't have done that. I'd call them to refund you until the item ships with a tracking number. Many companies do it that way.

Let's say the item is backordered for 2 months, and you cant get them to refund you and you want to cancel. Then you decide that you're going to dispute with your CC. You might have an issue because too much time has passed since the transaction (many CC companies only give you 60 day window from date of original charge). Better safe than sorry.
Good point ... I did get a response thru FB that they are busy. I can appreciate that ... all I want is an accurate estimate on a ship date. If their lead time is 60 days ... say so .... or disclose with the item that it is "build to order"

OP
OP
obrianmcc

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Update ... I was successful in making contact through their FB page ... who ever I was communicating with was responsive and tracked down my order. I suspect they are busy and my order probably got shuffled in the pile as they had the skid plate shipped within a couple days of me making contact. The skid has since arrived and while I have not yet installed .... it does look like a quality piece.
Sponsored