Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Not everyone buys based primarily on color, sometimes it's availability. So there's no way you'll get a perfect reading from a forum.

Best to ask FCA what they sell the most of - and I bet that varies somewhat with region

The most popular vehicle colors, period, are white, black, red
and then if you want a fourth - silver/gray.
Doubt it? Drive by the biggest dealer lots in Iowa...............
Each JT I have ever seen, and it's fewer than 12 unless you count dealer lots, have been white, then gray........... I have seen 2 blue ones.
Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Not everyone buys based primarily on color, sometimes it's availability. So there's no way you'll get a perfect reading from a forum.

Best to ask FCA what they sell the most of - and I bet that varies somewhat with region

Each JT I have ever seen, and it's fewer than 12 unless you count dealer lots, have been white, then gray........... I have seen 2 blue ones.
Yep I wanted a Mojito and then was going to go with Gobi or Crystal Metallic but when I was at the dealership and had a choice of Gobi or Sting Grey for the options I wanted I really found that I liked the sting gray more than the Gobi plus they threw in the Aux Switches and a few other things for buying something from the lot and not ordering

OP
OP

coachump4

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Teacher
Yep I wanted a Mojito and then was going to go with Gobi or Crystal Metallic but when I was at the dealership and had a choice of Gobi or Sting Grey for the options I wanted I really found that I liked the sting gray more than the Gobi plus they threw in the Aux Switches and a few other things for buying something from the lot and not ordering
Was it tough to get them to add the auxiliary switch? Also did they have to alter the vehicle much to add them?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Visited my son and his family in Korea Feb-March 2019.
We got to walk my grandson to and from his kindergarten class.
One day we were walking him back to their apartment along the street in Daegu and of course, heavy traffic in that city........ and suddenly he hollers out "hey, look, a blue car!" and he was excited he got to see a blue car.
You just don't see blue or red cars often - it's a given there are no orange or yellow or green or purple cars there.

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
Visited my son and his family in Korea Feb-March 2019.
We got to walk my grandson to and from his kindergarten class.
One day we were walking him back to their apartment along the street in Daegu and of course, heavy traffic in that city........ and suddenly he hollers out "hey, look, a blue car!" and he was excited he got to see a blue car.
You just don't see blue or red cars often - it's a given there are no orange or yellow or green or purple cars there.
Every thing black, white or grey?

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
Adding to my original post #2

I am COMPLETELY embarrassed that I totally skipped over the blue in my list..... and my wife DRIVES one.

Blue is also really rare for me to see I would put it 5th below the grey's and silvers but more common than the gator and gobi.
I've only seen like 3 or 4 total off the lot in Tucson. White, granite, silver and maybe a red? Looked long and hard at a Punkin at the dealer. I really, really liked it, but is just a bit too snazzy for me, as is the hydro.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)

No way is red in the top three. Maybe in Bumfuck, Iowa.

Sponsored

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
No way is red in the top three. Maybe in Bumfuck, Iowa.
YOUR OPINION - based on where you live or perhaps your personal preference., maybe not in Phukoria AZ if you want to be that way. We have a civil discussion and someone comes out with insults and name-calling.

Sincer you seem to know all about color sales, please tell the dealerships here that red doesn't sell. Maybe they'll bow to your wisdom and stop ordering red trucks since they don't sell well.

Also note I said "vehicle" not necessarily JT colors.

The dealer lots has multiple red JTs here last fall - those have all sold. All gone.
The biggest Chevy dealership in the area, and the biggest used car dealer in the midwest according to Chevrolet numbers - they sell a lot of red trucks.

As far as TRUCKS, red is among the top - white, silver/gray, red and black - white is mostly fleet sales. You don't see individuals with white pickups. Colorados, you see colors on those like silver and red, I've never seen a black one or a white one.

When I bought my Silverado in 2011 - all of the trucks were white (fleet sales), black, gray/silver and red. There was one blue truck on the lot in the whole area and several sort of slate blue and similar green.

Here are 2020 numbers for TRUCKS only, not including cars - note where medium red sits - real close to medium gray. Colors will vary with region, these are national stats. According to this from KBB, white isn't even up there - TRUCKS only, 2020 only.
  • Black – 12.4%
  • Med. Dark Blue – 11.4%
  • Med. Dark Gray – 7.5%
  • Med. Red – 7.1%
  • Med. Dark Green – 6.7%
  • Light Brown – 5.1%
  • Bright Red – 4.5%
  • Gold – 1.8%

Here's another stat on pickup trucks, unsure if this is 2019, 2020 or a combination of years -
>>The most common colors for pickup trucks are White, Black, and Silver. These colors are followed by Red and Blue, then Gold, Brown, and Beige.<<

Note that RED is right up there -
White (mostly fleet sales) black and silver (like I said) and red.
If you figure white is mostly fleet and business, then you have black, silver and red as individual owner colors and that matches observation on my trips around the country this year (Indiana, Illinois, Nebraska, etc.)

USED CARS - Carmax has this -

According to the largest used car retailer in the U.S., black was the best-selling car color last year, accounting for 22.25 percent of sales, followed closely by white at 19.34 percent of sales, gray (17.63 percent), and silver (14.64 percent).

A quick look around most cities from L.A. to NYC will reveal no shortage of cars in those basic hues. The retailer also reports the top color choice for Californians is gray, which is surprising to me for the Golden State, but gray car paint does help hide dirt extremely well. The first hint of any real color on the CarMax list is blue, which snags the number-five spot nationally with 9.62 percent of sales—where it is nearly tied with red at 9.56 percent.

Blue and red sit at just under 10% each - not a small number, meaning nationally, out of ever 10 cars, one will be blue, another red, the rest black, white, etc.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YOUR OPINION - based on where you live or perhaps your personal preference., maybe not in Phukoria AZ if you want to be that way. We have a civil discussion and someone comes out with insults and name-calling.

Also note I said "vehicle" not necessarily JT colors.

According to the largest used car retailer in the U.S., black was the best-selling car color last year, accounting for 22.25 percent of sales, followed closely by white at 19.34 percent of sales, gray (17.63 percent), and silver (14.64 percent).
Obviously NOT opinion considering I and you (thanks) both backed it up with reputable references.

And sorry if my post offended you. Bumfuck seems like a nice place. Never heard of Phukoria, AZ, but maybe it's nice, as well.

https://thehardtimes.net/culture/bu...-celebration-to-honor-founder-arthur-bumfuck/

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
With so many fleet/work trucks being white, I would think that for full size trucks, white would be the most common.

Oak4627

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Jeep Gladiator Most popular JT colors? IMG_20200922_163605_793

I'm in AZ I wanted any
color besides black. Even the hard top in black gets ridiculously hot and it's not even summer. I love the Gator color but in the area white seems really popular.
Sponsored