Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
Very similar to mine. I stuck with the 35s, so I'm geared to 4.56. I did end up replacing the Mopar lift with Clayton springs and arms (3.5 rear and 2.5 front). The Mopar lift sagged more than I wanted with the cover, even with 3/4" spacers.

PXL_20220611_170315335-XL.jpg

PXL_20220611_170220402-L.jpg
I'm getting 35s on my JTR. How is rock crawling with 4.56s and fuel mileage?
Sponsored

khokhonutt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 2004 Jeep Wrangler Sport
I'm getting 35s on my JTR. How is rock crawling with 4.56s and fuel mileage?
My in town mileage is around 14.5, maybe a bit more. I haven't been on a longer trip yet with the bed cap, so I don't know an honest highway mileage with it. I suspect it'll be at best around 18, though. My best on the highway before the bed cap was a little over 19. Now with the cap, I also have a drawer system and a fair amount of weight in recovery gear and tools that I keep on the truck.

I will say I'm very happy with the highway, street, trail and beach performance. For me the 4.56s are just right for my all around use. If you want to focus more on local driving and trail performance, 4.88s might be something to consider, but I think they'd be a little too tall for regular highway driving, especially when cruising up closer to 80.

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
My in town mileage is around 14.5, maybe a bit more. I haven't been on a longer trip yet with the bed cap, so I don't know an honest highway mileage with it. I suspect it'll be at best around 18, though. My best on the highway before the bed cap was a little over 19. Now with the cap, I also have a drawer system and a fair amount of weight in recovery gear and tools that I keep on the truck.

I will say I'm very happy with the highway, street, trail and beach performance. For me the 4.56s are just right for my all around use. If you want to focus more on local driving and trail performance, 4.88s might be something to consider, but I think they'd be a little too tall for regular highway driving, especially when cruising up closer to 80.
Thanks Jeff. That's very helpful.

Steve

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon Launch Edition Granite Crystal
Occupation
Self employed
Wow very nice rig.... and OMG your cabin is absolutely lovely