Sponsored

My Gator Retro/Export style/Overlander Gladiator Rubicon build.

Mr.volleyball13

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiaor
Thanks man. Yeah defn. Haven’t done much in a while with it, just driving it a lot. Still have to get my snorkel done once it warms up and probably going to 39” and a taller lift in spring.
Just looking through the threads. Trying to find anyone with a manual and larger tires. You still enjoying the manual transmission? You change your gears?
Sponsored

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
Saw the train wreck of a thread title and had to just stop and look.😂
Must say damn, those wheels! So old school and classic looking. Might have to spend some more money thanks to you. Off to research them now.
Nice rig, nice build. Good job man.👍

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Just looking through the threads. Trying to find anyone with a manual and larger tires. You still enjoying the manual transmission? You change your gears?
Still love the manual. I grew tired of the Gladiator as I had camshafts fail three times now. Currently in the shop getting replaced again. I do have gears that are supposed to go in 2 weeks. Not sure if I’m going to still do it though.

I daily the truck for a year and a half on 37s and the manual with stock gears. It was ok but it needs gears badly to really be a better driver. Hwys with inclines suck because your constantly shifting to stay in the power band.

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Saw the train wreck of a thread title and had to just stop and look.😂
Must say damn, those wheels! So old school and classic looking. Might have to spend some more money thanks to you. Off to research them now.
Nice rig, nice build. Good job man.👍
Haha. Thanks man.

Mr.volleyball13

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiaor
Still love the manual. I grew tired of the Gladiator as I had camshafts fail three times now. Currently in the shop getting replaced again. I do have gears that are supposed to go in 2 weeks. Not sure if I’m going to still do it though.

I daily the truck for a year and a half on 37s and the manual with stock gears. It was ok but it needs gears badly to really be a better driver. Hwys with inclines suck because your constantly shifting to stay in the power band.
What gears do you have? I ordered a manual, but having second thoughts as I heard read so many bad reviews about the 6-speed and the tall gears. Oh and the super tall reverse gear. I have never owned a automatic, however, feel like making the change. After 2 years do you still enjoy the 6-speed? I do plan on going with 37's and it will be my daily driver.

Sponsored

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
is there a benefit to yellow over clear? Thanks! Looks great!
Yes. They give you better visibility in the rain, snow, and fog. They also give you less eye strain.

I miss my diode dynamics yellow fog lights. If I didn’t have the LED package, I’d already have them. They’re on my short list.

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
What gears do you have? I ordered a manual, but having second thoughts as I heard read so many bad reviews about the 6-speed and the tall gears. Oh and the super tall reverse gear. I have never owned a automatic, however, feel like making the change. After 2 years do you still enjoy the 6-speed? I do plan on going with 37's and it will be my daily driver.
I have 5.13s going in, in a couple of weeks. Tbh the auto is the better daily driver but I prefer driving manuals and I want to drive it for as long as I can before you can’t get manual vehicles.
I have a couple manual cars right now so it’s my preference.
I still enjoy the 6 speed but with 37s you really need gears, unless your regular drive is completely flat.

Mr.volleyball13

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiaor
I have 5.13s going in, in a couple of weeks. Tbh the auto is the better daily driver but I prefer driving manuals and I want to drive it for as long as I can before you can’t get manual vehicles.
I have a couple manual cars right now so it’s my preference.
I still enjoy the 6 speed but with 37s you really need gears, unless your regular drive is completely flat.
Thanks. I prefer manual as well and have it in my mustang GT. A lot of guys on a verity of forums mention that you can run 37's without regearing with the new 8 speed auto. Not one to pick the easer (not as fun) route, however, having to switch between summer and winter wheels and tires has me thinking of switching to an auto for simplicity reasons. It seems to manage 37's without regearing. I guess, I just need to hear that regearing makes the manuals more enjoyable for daily driving and for towing with larger tires. I tow 2 snowmobiles, so around 2500 - 3000 pounds during the winter months. Like you I plan on keeping this one for a while, but worried about this new 6-speed taking the fun out of it gladiator.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Thanks. I prefer manual as well and have it in my mustang GT. A lot of guys on a verity of forums mention that you can run 37's without regearing with the new 8 speed auto. Not one to pick the easer (not as fun) rought, however, having to switch between summer and winter wheels and tires has me thinking of switching to an auto for simplicity reasons. It seems to manage 37's without regearing. I guess, I just need to hear that regearing makes the manuals more enjoyable for daily driving and for towing with larger tires. I tow 2 snowmobiles, so around 2500 - 3000 pounds during the winter months. Like you I plan on keeping this one for a while, but worried about this new 6-speed taking the fun out of it gladiator.
Why do you need to switch between summer and winter wheels? I’m in Canada and I run K02s because they are 3 peak rated and they work great in ice, snow and slush.
Personally I’d say run one set and then re gear. And stick with the manual if you enjoy it, since in a few years you won’t be able to get it again.

Sponsored

Mr.volleyball13

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiaor
Why do you need to switch between summer and winter wheels? I’m in Canada and I run K02s because they are 3 peak rated and they work great in ice, snow and slush.
Personally I’d say run one set and then re gear. And stick with the manual if you enjoy it, since in a few years you won’t be able to get it again.
I am also from Canada as well. Wanted to switch to a good winter tire to help with snow and ice while towing. Also worried about rust on my rims as my last jeeps rims looked rough after a few seasons of salt. I do agree to just find a good snow rated tire (will have to look into the K02s) and run them year round. I do enjoy manual and never thought I would be thinking of purchasing a Jeep without it, however, that auto is pretty nice. I did have a chance to drive them both back to back and the auto performed much better. I guess everyone had to look at the pros and cons of each transmission and what words best them. With manual the biggest pro is the fun factor, been driving an auto ram for 6 months, wow it was easy to drive but at times got super bored. The auto you can run bigger tires and have it perform a bit better without gearing from what I have read on here. Also watched a video of an auto towing and it was revving through the moon. So up and down with my decision. Let me know when you get your gears done, it would be great to know how the 5.13 changes the manuals driving experience.

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I am also from Canada as well. Wanted to switch to a good winter tire to help with snow and ice while towing. Also worried about rust on my rims as my last jeeps rims looked rough after a few seasons of salt. I do agree to just find a good snow rated tire (will have to look into the K02s) and run them year round. I do enjoy manual and never thought I would be thinking of purchasing a Jeep without it, however, that auto is pretty nice. I did have a chance to drive them both back to back and the auto performed much better. I guess everyone had to look at the pros and cons of each transmission and what words best them. With manual the biggest pro is the fun factor, been driving an auto ram for 6 months, wow it was easy to drive but at times got super bored. The auto you can run bigger tires and have it perform a bit better without gearing from what I have read on here. Also watched a video of an auto towing and it was revving through the moon. So up and down with my decision. Let me know when you get your gears done, it would be great to know how the 5.13 changes the manuals driving experience.
Will do. Honestly the fun factor out weighed the ease of driving. And while the manual is not the most fun manual trans vehicle out there, it’s still more fun than the auto.
Where abouts in Canada are you ?

Mr.volleyball13

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiaor
Will do. Honestly the fun factor out weighed the ease of driving. And while the manual is not the most fun manual trans vehicle out there, it’s still more fun than the auto.
Where abouts in Canada are you ?
I'm in the GTA area and just planning my rig. Ordered last week and was told I have a few weeks to make some changes. Added the satin black grill to my sting gray order, took the mopar tri fold cover off (heard it leaks and doesn't fold up all the way) and now still questioning the transmission. Just trying to make this a decent daily driver as I plan on going with 37s with 20s. Adding a 2 inch spacer lift as well.

Last edited:

Joe Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Hi yes there is, you will have to get the a harness and then run wiring from the main harness to a the side indicators. I am still in the process of getting this done to get the marker lights working.
Nice looking rig, im sure ill see you around im in TO. Where did you pick up the mirrors with the marker lights? Haven't seen any for a JT

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I'm in the GTA area and just planning my rig. Ordered last week and was told I have a few weeks to make some changes. Added the satin black grill to my sting gray order, took the mopar tri fold cover off (heard it leaks and doesn't fold up all the way) and now still questioning the transmission. Just trying to make this a decent daily driver as I plan on going with 37s with 20s. Adding a 2 inch spacer lift as well.
Oh nice nice. Where did you order it from ? I actually work in sales at Downsview Chrysler. Could have helped you out with your order.
Sponsored