First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
Sounds like they got the known issues squared away for you. Enjoy your Jeep!
Nope...not yet. The Jeep is at the dealer waiting on parts. I'm hoping to get it back Saturday....but will have to return for the steering box.
Sponsored

firehog

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow; 2020 Chevy Silverado Duramax 3500
I put 2k miles a month on mine. Just over 15k now. Fortunately havenā€™t experienced any issues at all. I do believe sometimes they just arenā€™t put together right. I had a brand new Ram 3500 diesel in 2016 that was in the shop 3 times for the same thing within a month. Fortunately the dealer stepped up and replaced it without me even asking. Hopefully your dealer will take care of this for you. Sometimes going to upper management and even the owner will get results. I certainly wouldnā€™t be nasty about it, just explain your situation and Iā€™m sure they would see your view.

StingGrayJT24

First Name
KH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon Gladiator
This is bad luck (something that would likely happen to me). While frustrating, the main issues seem to be getting addressed. Be thankful the dealer is working to address them. While I 100% agree this sucks and shouldnā€™t happen to a new vehicle, there are far worse stories on this forum. Hopefully, they get everything checked off on your list and you can start enjoying your rig. having to take it in multiple times sucks. Iā€™m sorry.

Padrdh1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Six weeks ago I bought my very first Jeep, a 2020 Gladiator Rubicon. It was on the showroom floor, and I noticed small black dots all over the plastics in the front...the bumper, grill, and headlights. The salesman assured me that if we made a deal on the truck it would be no big deal to clean the spots off the plastic. So I pulled the trigger and bought it. While we started doing paperwork they took the car to be cleaned. After all the paperwork was done I walk out to my brand new shiny truck to see that none of the spots were removed. I go back in the dealership and ask about it, and was told they can't be cleaned...they will have to be replaced. Well...if I knew that before I signed for my loan and transfered my insurance I would of walked away....but oh well, they said they'll call me when the parts come in.

Three weeks go by, no phone call. I finally decided to give them a call and sure enough the parts were there...but no one called me :( They installed a new bumper, grill, and headlights. I also told them the rear defrost wasn't working...they repaired the wiring, it had a bad ground.

Two weeks later I get this VERY loud grinding noise along with a pretty bad Vibration from the right front tire area. Back to the dealer I go...when I'm there telling the service tech about my issue I mention that from day one the steering has been pretty bad, the jeep drifts to the right and left and he said there's a known issue with the steering box and he'll order one for me but it'll take a few weeks to get it. I had 2 more minor items for him to address as well, the first is the center console...squeaks like crazy when driving with my arm on it and the second thing, the dealer installed locking wheel lug nuts but never gave me the socket...just take them off and put regular lugs on please.

Got a text from the dealer...The technician said your vehicle needs the front axle locker actuator, an axle, and a new center console The parts should be in by the end of the week. (I dropped the truck off at 8am on Tues)

So that's where I'm at right now...I've owned this jeep for six weeks, 4k on the odometer and in the shop waiting for parts. Now I'm worried about what's gonna break next? Also, what else might of been compromised or weakened from the bad axel and the locker trying to engage at high speeds....is the transmission next? The front Differential? I really shouldn't have to be worrying about stuff like this on a brand new 60k Jeep...pretty frustrating.

@JeepCares
I havenā€™t had any problems with my Rubicon. I would try to return it under the lemon law. It sounds like you just got the lemon.

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
Sorry to hear about your issues. From reading your post, it does seem like you have one good thing going for you. It seems like your dealer is taking care of you. I would wait to get it back and see if you have any further issues. I am almost at 10k miles and its been a solid truck. Hopefully you will be in the same boat, when you get yours back.

Sponsored

snide

First Name
Big Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator
It had 23 miles on it when I bought it. I do 500 miles a week commuting to work, and I also did a 1400 mile road trip to Canada.

500x5 weeks = 2500+1400= 3900. Add up the small drives around town and what have you and that'll put me over 4k
Any issues going to and from Canada?

Bjdevera671

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
US Coast Guard
Six weeks ago I bought my very first Jeep, a 2020 Gladiator Rubicon. It was on the showroom floor, and I noticed small black dots all over the plastics in the front...the bumper, grill, and headlights. The salesman assured me that if we made a deal on the truck it would be no big deal to clean the spots off the plastic. So I pulled the trigger and bought it. While we started doing paperwork they took the car to be cleaned. After all the paperwork was done I walk out to my brand new shiny truck to see that none of the spots were removed. I go back in the dealership and ask about it, and was told they can't be cleaned...they will have to be replaced. Well...if I knew that before I signed for my loan and transfered my insurance I would of walked away....but oh well, they said they'll call me when the parts come in.

Three weeks go by, no phone call. I finally decided to give them a call and sure enough the parts were there...but no one called me :( They installed a new bumper, grill, and headlights. I also told them the rear defrost wasn't working...they repaired the wiring, it had a bad ground.

Two weeks later I get this VERY loud grinding noise along with a pretty bad Vibration from the right front tire area. Back to the dealer I go...when I'm there telling the service tech about my issue I mention that from day one the steering has been pretty bad, the jeep drifts to the right and left and he said there's a known issue with the steering box and he'll order one for me but it'll take a few weeks to get it. I had 2 more minor items for him to address as well, the first is the center console...squeaks like crazy when driving with my arm on it and the second thing, the dealer installed locking wheel lug nuts but never gave me the socket...just take them off and put regular lugs on please.

Got a text from the dealer...The technician said your vehicle needs the front axle locker actuator, an axle, and a new center console The parts should be in by the end of the week. (I dropped the truck off at 8am on Tues)

So that's where I'm at right now...I've owned this jeep for six weeks, 4k on the odometer and in the shop waiting for parts. Now I'm worried about what's gonna break next? Also, what else might of been compromised or weakened from the bad axel and the locker trying to engage at high speeds....is the transmission next? The front Differential? I really shouldn't have to be worrying about stuff like this on a brand new 60k Jeep...pretty frustrating.

@JeepCares
Did the dealership fix your issues? I purchased 2021 Gladiator Rubicon in March, started hearing the grinding sound same as you took it into the dealership on May 8th, at 6590 miles, dealership still stating no available parts for repair with no ETA. Kind of scratching my head here now.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Did the dealership fix your issues? I purchased 2021 Gladiator Rubicon in March, started hearing the grinding sound same as you took it into the dealership on May 8th, at 6590 miles, dealership still stating no available parts for repair with no ETA. Kind of scratching my head here now.
Hey, Bjdevera671. If you're currently experiencing concerns, we would be happy to assist you. Send our team a private message with more details.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Sponsored