Sponsored

My wife took the Gladiator to pick up our daughter from Grandma’s house...

TYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Ha! My wife said “let’s sell my Toyota Highlander because we have 3 vehicles and we only need two”... “and I can just drive your Gladiator”.

Sold the Highlander tonight. She can drive the Dodge 1500 Laramie!
Sponsored

PastV1

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Hydro Blue soon, 2014 Highlander
Ha! My wife said “let’s sell my Toyota Highlander because we have 3 vehicles and we only need two”... “and I can just drive your Gladiator”.

Sold the Highlander tonight. She can drive the Dodge 1500 Laramie!
Haven't picked up the JT yet but the wife loves her Highlander.... Will see what happens in 2 weeks when I get the JT...!

RIPLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2015 Jeep Renegade
Be very careful it could get expensive.
I wanted a Wrangler for a while, but I have a boat and the Wrangler doesn't have the towing capacity. I tried talking the wife into buying a Wrangler, but she refused since her vehicle was paid off. Then the Gladiator rumors started and then finally released and it was a perfect fit for me. Then my wife started to drive it more and more and loved it, so this past May we bought a new Wrangler.

Cobraj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
computer field service
Wife took mine.. I get to drive the Subaru!

Sponsored

Dkronke

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Careful, I only had mine for about 2 months when my wife drove it with the doors off, and then said she wanted a Wrangler. 3 months later, we're a two jeep family fighting over garage space to take the top/doors off.

PunknJLBlackJT

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon and 2021 Grand Cherokee L
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Estimator for Pharma facilities
Vehicle Showcase
My wifes Wrangler is a bare bones sport for the most part outside of Katskinz and I upgraded the radio. She always takes my Rubi Gladiator over hers.

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (hers) and Overland (His)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
My wife bought the JT sport we took for the test drive...I held out for the Overland that was on the way to the dealer, we are a 2 JT family, and we love both of them, she says hers is better, I think mine is better....a good thing....I do not have to adjust the seat at all, lol......we are both saving up for our mods, lol

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
My wife hates the Gladiator, which is great because she approves of all upgrades or added parts to make it better. It took me about 3yrs to build my JKU and 9 months to convince her to let me lift it. Lift and tires on the JT in less than 4 days. She keeps finding new stuff for me to add so I hope she keeps hating it;)

OP
OP
Alans17

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Having two small children means we probably aren’t getting
My wife hates the Gladiator, which is great because she approves of all upgrades or added parts to make it better. It took me about 3yrs to build my JKU and 9 months to convince her to let me lift it. Lift and tires on the JT in less than 4 days. She keeps finding new stuff for me to add so I hope she keeps hating it;)
I have the total opposite situation. My wife really likes it as-is. She may have to approve any changes. That could complicate things. I’ve already got a modest suspension upgrade and Mojave wheels/tires lined up, but I’ve found myself in a situation where I’m asking her if she approves of a bumper I’m adding to my Christmas wish list.

Sponsored

Micky

First Name
Micky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlur
I had the exact opposite happen. My wife wanted a Sahara so I got it for her. The last Jeep I drove was a JK and now I am ordering a Mojave I liked hers so much.

OP
OP
Alans17

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had the exact opposite happen. My wife wanted a Sahara so I got it for her. The last Jeep I drove was a JK and now I am ordering a Mojave I liked hers so much.
Danger Will Robinson! You don’t want to get in trouble if yours is nicer.

OP
OP
Alans17

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I have the total opposite situation. My wife really likes it as-is. She may have to approve any changes. That could complicate things. I’ve already got a modest suspension upgrade and Mojave wheels/tires lined up, but I’ve found myself in a situation where I’m asking her if she approves of a bumper I’m adding to my Christmas wish list.
Oh and our six year old daughter is against any changes, period. She loves it just the way it is. She doesn’t get the final say, but it tugs the heart strings.

mtngoat92081

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Max Tow, Mazdaspeed 3

Sounds to me like you should just buy another one for her!

OP
OP
Alans17

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds to me like you should just buy another one for her!
I wish it were that easy. Barely had the budget for one! But on the plus side, I got the thumbs up on the new bumper and eventual winch and lights to go on it. She had concerns it would look too manly, but then I showed her one of these “bro’d out” custom jobs with sharp angles and a grumper. All of a sudden, my ideas looked pretty sedate by comparison.
Sponsored

Last edited: