Sponsored

Need help with a decision.

Painkillerspe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
As I mentioned in another thread, I had gears and a locker installed this week. Problem is, the shop installed the locker on the rear axle instead of the front like I had asked. I had a lsd in the rear, so I figured the front would benefit most. The service writer forgot to specify which axle to install the locker in, so they just went with the rear as that's what people normally do. I'm not terribly upset about it, as rear lockers get used more than fronts anyway.

To make it right the shop has proposed installing a locker in the front for over half off with no labor during the 500 mile service. That would save a couple of grand but involve opening the diff up again and pulling Axel shafts.

I also need some work done to dial in my suspension and caster (it's off by a few degrees but straight). So I'm kicking around the idea of seeing if they would throw that in for free instead and forgo the front locker.

Obviously the locker deal is the best on paper, but having the caster correctted has it's benefits as well and I keep hearing that front lockers are not used much. So I'm torn on what to do.

Any advice?
Sponsored

RCKLNDR

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Locker all day and fast before they change their mind. Anyone can tweak caster, not many people can set up gears.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Locker for sure… don’t pass up the deal. I used mine a few times out in Moab this past week.

Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
No doubt do it, unless you really needed the LSD. Or they could no labor charge put the locker up front and the LSD back in the rear.

There's plenty of buyers for that LSD around that will also offset the half cost locker up front.