Sponsored

Never ordered a vehicle before, need your input on ordering Gladiator

SFBayArea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Hey guys, after staying on the market in search of the right price for the Gladiator, it seems that most of the vehicles with Adaptive Cruise Control and few other options I want loaded with bunch of staff I don't need, hence price is higher. Moreover, it seems that today's advertising prices are not what they are in real life (see my other post). Therefor, I figured, if I can get a 8% off of MSRP and order exactly what I want then it will worth the time. However, since I never ordered a vehicle before, I have a few questions and hope you can pitch in with answers.

1. Which dealer provides best % off of MSRP?

2. When you order a vehicle from the dealer out of state can they ship built vehicle to you or to the dealer near you? Or do you HAVE to pick it up from the dealership you ordered it with, even if it is across the country?

3. How long will it take to get it built and delivered? I was told by local dealer that it takes 4 weeks, something tells me that it is not right.

4. If the vehicle takes too long, can I back out from the deal? If so, I guess I'll be loosing my deposit?

Thank you.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Evo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting Gray Max Tow
Hey fellow Bay Area member

I can answer some of ur questions based on past experiences

on #2 I have heard that its possible (apparently that is what the destination fee covers). However I imagine a lot of coordination has to happen between parties that may not want to be so accommodating (at least one party). As you have found dealers in the bay area are hit and miss. I found it awkward asking my local dealer to take delivery and do all the paperwork. So i went the car transporter route when I ordered my Raptor.

Finding a car transporter is a another headache especially for a truck as wide as a Raptor (started off trying to find a closed carrier, ultimately gave up and went open carrier), JT may not be as bad.

You really have 3 options.....high end carriers that deal in fancy cars......going thru the broker system where u don't know who will pick up ur contract......finding a owner/operator. I looked into all three (I still get calls/emails years later.......) I was lucky to stumble upon a owner/operator who is awesome and I use him and recommend him to whoever I can because my experience was so smooth and easy.

on #4 I think the rules vary by state. Most dealers will be willing to refund up to a certain date without too much hassle. Just make sure it is in writing at the time of placing the order

One thing to remember at least in CA. When you order out of state you don't pay any taxes at the time of purchase. Instead you have to pay all the taxes at the DMV when you register. Never fun to drop a $5k check on the spot. Also you will also have to get ur car weighed at a weigh station and smogged. Just little details that may be helpful