Sponsored

Ordered Gladiator from out of state. Anything I need to know?

BowlofSoup

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Hey Everyone,

I ordered a Gladiator from the PA dealership in Horsham last week. 5% off invoice, easily the best deal in my area (I live in Mass). My question is, is their anything I need to know about buying a Vehicle out of state? I'll be trading in my current Jeep which has an issue on the title. As long as they use CarMax I know what I'll get. And I'm assuming I can swap the plates over no problem even though I'm buying out of state.

Has anyone ordered a Jeep recently? How long did it take for it to come in ?

-Soup
Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Best to call your insurance agent and see what they say, the dealer your buying from has be able to fill out MA paperwork, I bought in RI and they seemed to sort of know what they were doing for MA, insurance agent was able to tell me exactly.

CeeBee513

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Grand Cherokee, '91 3000GT VR4
Occupation
Engineer
Hey Everyone,

I ordered a Gladiator from the PA dealership in Horsham last week. 5% off invoice, easily the best deal in my area (I live in Mass). My question is, is their anything I need to know about buying a Vehicle out of state? I'll be trading in my current Jeep which has an issue on the title. As long as they use CarMax I know what I'll get. And I'm assuming I can swap the plates over no problem even though I'm buying out of state.

-Soup
Did you really get 5% from them or was it 4%? I ordered from them back on 10/16 and I was offered 4%.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Contact your DMV, or check their website. They may require an inspection or smog check. There's also the Sales Tax issue. Find out if they are going to collect it at Registration, and if you get credit for what the other state collects. Get the VIN number and make sure you have proof of insurance from your agent before driving it off the lot.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I assume you are taking your trade and going to the out of state dealership?

If so, 95% of those questions can be answered by your out of state selling dealership. What you are doing is not foreign to most car dealerships. Most selling dealers will either employ a third party company to handle the title and new tags on your buying vehicle or they will will mail you a packet with the MSO with instructions on how to get your vehicle registered in your home state.

They should not charge you PA state tax and may or may not calculate and collect tax for your MA registration. If they roll your MA fees and taxes into your sale and finance, then they need to make sure they cut the check for either the third party doing your MA tags/taxes or cut you a check directly.

There is a few things that can play out as mentioned above and is why you need to contact the selling dealer to see how they handle it.

Sponsored

Almost

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD & 09 JKU
From what I understand so far is that you will be issued a temporary PA registration that will last 90 days. You will need to just figure out the insurance side of things. Tax and registration will be handled in your own state when you go to title it through your state DMV.

JKJ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave
Occupation
Seller of the suds.
Hey Everyone,

-Soup
Is there a specific contact at the dealer to discuss or place an order? I’m fairly local and had no idea the did this.

OP
OP

BowlofSoup

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Is there a specific contact at the dealer to discuss or place an order? I’m fairly local and had no idea the did this.
I placed my order with Ashlie Ryan <[email protected]>

I don't think you have to speak with her though. If you call or email I'm sure whoever you contact will give you the deal.
Sponsored

Reactions: JKJ