First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon (WILD MED)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Did you guys see the post on the JL forums where one of the members created an interactive map with the best U.S. dealer pricing?
No...
I'll have to search for that
Sponsored

dew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee;WRX
Find a dealer you like, which is definitely a difficult task. The worst dealer I have ever encountered is not on this list (Grava - who wanted me to sign something foregoing a Jeep rebate which was worth ~$1500-2K plus the whole rustproofing routine), but a pretty lousy one (Central Jeep in Norwood, MA) is on this list. They did the old "yes, we have a deal, I need to finalize paperwork'. An hour later, I had to threaten them with legal action just to get my driver's license so I could leave. They were 'holding onto it' while they were 'processing paperwork' and the manager was denying my trade value.

On a separate note, does employee pricing (or friends/family) always trump any other deal?

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
Not a lot of options for good deals in FL and 5% is about the best I have seen in my research and that map confirms it. My biggest worry with factory ordering my JT is getting screwed over when it actually arrives either on trade-in value or they sell it out from under me. Anyone have any pointers on how to safeguard against these issues?

Sponsored

Mac57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
I ordered my JKU for Orange Coast Jeep in Costa Mesa, CA when I lived in Vegas, I got it for 6% below invoice but I also had the Tread Lightly discount. It took them 6 weeks to build and was the easiest purchase I ever did. I never even set foot in the dealership.

Now that Im in Idaho I'll probably just order one from Dennis Dillon.
Do you just contact any Jeep Dealer, or do they need to be "Fleet Dealer"?

Braunsemail

First Name
Braun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wrangler JK Unlimited
Who knows how long a direct order takes after dealerships start getting inventory on the lot?

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Not a lot of options for good deals in FL and 5% is about the best I have seen in my research and that map confirms it. My biggest worry with factory ordering my JT is getting screwed over when it actually arrives either on trade-in value or they sell it out from under me. Anyone have any pointers on how to safeguard against these issues?
Sell your current vehicle private party. You’ll get more, and know exactly how much you have walking in to the dealer. As for selling it out from under you, your name will be on the build sheet if the dealer does it right. It still happens occasionally, but it’s rare and you can raise a stink that will set things right relatively quick (based on JL buyers experience).

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
Sell your current vehicle private party. You’ll get more, and know exactly how much you have walking in to the dealer. As for selling it out from under you, your name will be on the build sheet if the dealer does it right. It still happens occasionally, but it’s rare and you can raise a stink that will set things right relatively quick (based on JL buyers experience).
Appreciate the input. I have considered private party and might entertain the idea again but I have never sold a vehicle I have a balance on. Not entirely sure the process in regards to that. It would certainly make things way easier.

Sponsored

Flamma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Trailhawk, 2017 Dodge Challenger 392 T/A
Appreciate the input. I have considered private party and might entertain the idea again but I have never sold a vehicle I have a balance on. Not entirely sure the process in regards to that. It would certainly make things way easier.
Step 1: Find a solid dealer/salesman. 4-6% below invoice should be common. Ask for any other discounts available.
Step 2: Join and use the Tread Lightly Program discount.
Step 3: Build and order what you want on the JT and make sure you have a copy of build(VON)/out the door cost(Buyers Order).
Step 3a: If you know more about the JT, perhaps find a different salesman. Most times you will know more. If the salesman doesn't give you what you want - walk away. If the salesman is an asshat - walk away. There are plenty of Jeep dealers that will give good deals.
Step 4: Once JT out the door cost (buyer's order) is in print (good salesmen will have you sign their VON), then discuss your trade-in value.
Step 4a: Good salesmen will allow you to send pictures and description of your trade-in. They will give you a general trade-in value. You likely will get more selling it privately.
Step 5: Your VON becomes a VIN and you become a forum addict (if you aren't already) while it's being built. You also continue planning and buying mods. You constantly check in with your salesman, Jeep customer line, and this forum for updates.
Step 6: 6-8 weeks after receiving your VIN, your salesman will send you pictures of your JT arriving from the factory (if he's a good salesman).
Step 7: You call in sick at work, and tell your wife you'll be back in a week.
Step 8: Take delivery!

KA350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Maybe we can get a group buy at Dillion? Anyone know a sales guy there?

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Another thing to consider is the trade in allowance to lower the tax amount you owe on the new vehicle. On a high value trade in that can add up to another grand or so of tax savings.
Regarding a private party sale. Start with a payoff letter, so you will know the exact pay-off amount. Once you have a buyer head to your local branch with the buyer (he may have a check from his lender) and pay off your vehicle (you keep any equity). Your lender will release the title to you and you sign it over to the new buyer.

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Another thing to consider is the trade in allowance to lower the tax amount you owe on the new vehicle. On a high value trade in that can add up to another grand or so of tax savings.
Regarding a private party sale. Start with a payoff letter, so you will know the exact pay-off amount. Once you have a buyer head to your local branch with the buyer (he may have a check from his lender) and pay off your vehicle (you keep any equity). Your lender will release the title to you and you sign it over to the new buyer.
The tax thing varies state by state, many don’t give you any credit for trade in allowance so be sure you know the local rules.

fjwagner

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler JK Sport
"This vehicle is specially built for eternus [name on order]" Is printed on the OEM sticker.
Also your initials appear in the VIN which is really cool. I have a 2016 JK Sport that I ordered almost three years ago and it was a really smooth and easy process.
Sponsored