First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Auto Tech Teacher
Hi, I'm new to this forum and excited to learn and participate. I purchased a new 2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon from a dealers stock on Saturday. So far loving it. A couple of questions: What are some of the most popular Jeep parts and accessory website members here are using? Also, I'm looking for a hard Tonneau Cover but I would like to be able to fold it straight up in the back of the bed so that I am not limited too much on bed space when I'm using the bed. Any recommendations?
Jeep Gladiator New Here and New to Jeep IMG_2209
Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think its a law that you must immediately replace the factory antenna with a short rubber Duckie antenna. Wheels and tires are also required.

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
AWESOME! I love that color too! Welcome & I hope to see you on the trails soon.
Gearing/drive line; use local drive line specific shop. I used Dana gearing, to easy.

Lifts and suspension; shop Quadratec, Rough Country, and the internet for whatever level quality you may need.

Tires; Internet for pricing, then negotiate at your local chain shop.

Bed care?; Well my theory is, I paid for it, so I don't care if I scuff the paint. I'll put a bed coating or liner in when and if I go to sell it, so it looks "pristine" if it ever goes on the market for sale, otherwise I'll be doing it twice. It's a PU truck, not a show vehicle, and unless you are rich, there are far better things to spend your $'s on. I use my JT as a Rocky Mountain truck would be used. I load up off road toys, go 4x4ing, have a RTT, and haul cut firewood in it, so vinyl or plastic cover would be a poor investment for me. But, you do you, and enjoy.

Last edited:

JeepTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bright White Willys.
Welcome. Nice color. Gotta love that sarge green!

Amazon for some top first and relatively cheap mods IMO:
Dead pedal.
Shorty antenna.
Some sort of storage/ phone holder.

Cheers!

kingern

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko Green Gladiator Rubicon; 2020 BMW M340i
Occupation
US Navy (Retired), Meta
Congrats! Check out quadratec.com for Jeep parts, Amazon has a lot as well. For tonneau covers, realtruck.com and its sister sites have lots of options. I went with a Gator trifold soft tonneau cover myself.

My list of mods, I got my first Jeep on 12/1:
tonneau cover
bed mat/liner
13" rubber antenna
door edge guard kit
paracord grab handles
step bars
phone holder
arm rest storage trays
arm rest cover
dead pedal
storage bin forward of the shifter
MOLLE packs for the seat backs

Sponsored

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys

f33d

First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
Your a new jeep owner. Don’t change anything. Too many members fall into the “must sema build my truck so I can bring it down a fire trail once a year” only to find out it’s either A) overbuilt - picture me putting a 150 pound kayak solo on top of a JL 2 door on 37s and a 2.5 inch life alone or B) You hate it and sell it losing thousands in mods.
Drive it for awhile. Find out what you like and what you don’t like , start replacing there.

OP
OP
gmarcucio

gmarcucio

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Auto Tech Teacher
Thanks, I can see where that would be good advice. The only mods I have ordered now are the full factory side steps and the Mopar satin black front grille. Thinking about getting the tonneau cover. Believe it or not I don't plan to off road with it anyway. I just traded in a 2021 GMC Canyon AT4 with only 4,000 miles on it for this Gladiator. The Canyon was nice but I wanted a more fun truck to keep me occupied while my 2021 C8 Corvette sits in storage for the winter.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Sponsored

Sponge60

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Putter outer of fire
Welcome from Eastern North Carolina. Lots of great information and resources on this forum.

Our's was delivered from the dealer with a Mopar lift, Black Rhino wheels and 35's. I added a MBRP cat back exhaust, bed mat, folding tonneau cover (waiting for delivery) and an OffRoam phone mount.

RdFx21

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Welcome to the Jeep world from the great state of West Virginia. Cobleskill is all far north I have been. I hear upstate has some beautiful country.

I would mirror what f33d said especially first starting out. These trucks are very capable stock, but if you're saying you won't offroad and going more for looks - hey, you do you.

As far as tonneau covers. I like the vinyl trifolds personally. I have a Gator that I like really well that allows you to access the bed.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Any recommendations?
You can go ahead and sell me that lift in your garage. You wont need it :giggle:

Great looking jeep!

My honest recommendation is to drive it stock for a while to a) really get a feel for it and b) to give you the chance to identify things YOU want to change, not just stuff other folks show you. This forum is amazing but it can and will lead you down rabbit holes and money pits.

My favorite two storage additions

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Center-Con...p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Last edited:

ilmostro

First Name
Angus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JT Willys '23 JL 392
I think its a law that you must immediately replace the factory antenna with a short rubber Duckie antenna. Wheels and tires are also required.

Pro tip: The stock antenna is slightly taller than the roof and is an excellent "whisker" for knowing if the Jeep will fit in a parking garage or under a tree.

2tall

First Name
Carmino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRM
Occupation
Engineer
Bak x4s is a high quality tonneau cover that is a mix of hard plus still roll up. I picked it to keep the bed clear when needed. There is a group buy on the site for best pricing. Welcome from one new to Jeep owner to another.

Check out fox 2.5 shocks either new or mohave take offs for an awesome on road upgrade. Really settles the Gladiator on highway manners.
Sponsored