New Jeep Gladiator Buyer

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
My Mojave rides like trash, I know the overland rides the best because it has a softer suspension and doesn’t have the oversized tires, so if daily driver is what he’s after, overland is the best route.
Have you ever driven an Overland?

Either way, the OP should go out and test drive the different models to see what they like best.
Sponsored

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Have you ever driven an Overland?

Either way, the OP should go out and test drive the different models to see what they like best.
Yep, it rides the best too because of the softer suspension and all season tires that aren’t 33” all terrains like on Mojave and Rubicon.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Mojave feels like a death trap driving 75 too, way too squirly, feels like it could flip at anytime. I regret getting that truck, I’m glad you’re enjoying yours though.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
My Mojave feels like a death trap driving 75 too, way too squirly, feels like it could flip at anytime. I regret getting that truck, I’m glad you’re enjoying yours though.
Why do you keep driving it?

Sponsored

RalphTuttle

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
It’s all I have to drive until my overland comes in.
I find your comments comparing the Overland to the Mojave to be very interesting - and not my experience at all. My first Gladiator was an Overland. It rode fine, didn't have any steering issues - but I thought the tires on it were really crappy (I ended up putting K02's on it). After driving it for a year, I traded it in on a Mojave. From the first time I test drove the Mojave I was totally impressed with the ride - it was smoother (with the Fox Shocks) and handled better than the Overland. Absolutely steady on the road even at high speeds. Maybe your Mojave has something wrong with the suspension causing it to ride rough and wander??

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I find your comments comparing the Overland to the Mojave to be very interesting - and not my experience at all. My first Gladiator was an Overland. It rode fine, didn't have any steering issues - but I thought the tires on it were really crappy (I ended up putting K02's on it). After driving it for a year, I traded it in on a Mojave. From the first time I test drove the Mojave I was totally impressed with the ride - it was smoother (with the Fox Shocks) and handled better than the Overland. Absolutely steady on the road even at high speeds. Maybe your Mojave has something wrong with the suspension causing it to ride rough and wander??
I’m not sure, it’s been to several dealerships and shops they can’t find anything wrong with it, “so they say” but I’m sure that the Mojave doesn’t ride better or the Rubicon with the aggressive tires and lift. I can’t see steering being better with the more aggressive ATs from highway all season tires as well.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From my experience driving all 3 and owning the Rubi and Mojave the overland has rode the best, and it seems as though most others have said the same on here and across YouTube, Ben Hardy being an example.

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
Looks like the top two options for your needs as described are the Mojave or Overland. I’ve seen a BUNCH of forum posts that say the Mojave rides great in stock form. It also looks the best in my opinion.

I’d start there and test drive the two back to back. Get on the highway, wiggle the steering wheel with a little aggression at 65 mph to get a feel for them, etc.

HampshireEcoD

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTOD / MY14 Audi S7
Occupation
Software
Maybe when folks are stating which model rides smoother, better, nicer, it's all in your definition of what "better" is... also understanding you are buying a Jeep wrangler/gladiator platform, not a normal SUV/Truck.

Drove the Rubicon before the Overland we ending up buying.

The Rubicon felt like a smoother, softer, more capable on-road/off-road vehicle. Stable at speed, but certainly not its happy place.

Overland drives more like an SUV/truck - better stability at higher speed operation, stiffer more capable in corners and over bumps.

Sponsored

RalphTuttle

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
One benefit to the Mojave that hasn't been mentioned here is the seats. IMHO, the Mojave seats are an order of magnitude more comfortable than the Overland seats. Much better for longer trips!

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
Might also want to check out the High Altitude since that model is geared towards on road use. It has a “sport tuned suspension” whatever Jeep means by that. The looks aren’t for everyone though.

I can’t remember how mine road when it was stock. I lifted it and put 35s on it when it was still pretty new.
Sponsored