Sponsored

Trying to put together a Buyers Guide Jeep Gladiator 3,6 and 3.0 (new & used)

PlayfulBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020 Rubicon Gobi
Hi peeps, and thank you in advance.
I am trying to put together a buyers advice for the Gladiator in a German Forum.

Some are importing like I did (3.6), some are thinking on importing new and used 3.0s in trims we cant get, some buy the EU Version (which is the Overland 3.0)
A lot of Germans are having issues with the dpf regen (I suspect it is the German driving style and that the unshown passive regens keep being cut short, what mods like scan modules can help negate some of these issues)
Carfax of course
Now I am trying to put together a list of things to check or that are known issues and faults (also to make sure peeps get it taken care of during warranty or the first months while they still can through importer).
Also things like loose bolts and fuses, the steel steering box. Rear window leak...

Places you have noticed that are prone to break, like rear swaybar attaching point etc., spots that rust easy and are missed...
Changes over the model years, Ujoints etc.

Help is hugely appreciated.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PlayfulBird

PlayfulBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020 Rubicon Gobi
Could do a Document people can add onto, or post here and I will write it up.
I think it would be great for both Forums. Slowly but surely there are a few used ones at Car Max etc. So it is good to make a resource for newer car owners or peeps new to Jeeps particular to check on when they do a test drive and a walk around. That way we can also avoid or redirect all the hey I am about to buy a used Jeep threads and bundle it