Sponsored

New owner, with a little buyers remorse.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Regear if your doing bigger tires or your going to see a significant mpgs hit. Other than that if you stay at 33's or less you should be good. Anything bigger and your going to be around 15 or 16 mpgs.

Sorry I didn't read all the other comments but as far as going places, it's going to take you where you want to go. But if you want to keep the power you better stay at 33's or less 3.73 gears just don't cut it with anything larger. I know some are going to tell you there fine and they are running 35's and 37's on 3.73 but trust me they aren't. I got a buddy who has a overland and he's on 35's and he's getting about 16 to the gallon. A set of BFG KO2S in 33 will get you almost anywhere you need to go.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tackett1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT overland
Occupation
NP-C
Thought I’d post some pics. Put her down one of the harder roads to one of the mining ponds I like to go to.

hooked probably the biggest large Mouth of the season and he got off at the bank.

she did very well I was shocked. No winch, no cell service. It was in and out or I’m taking a long walk for help and she didn’t let me down.

I really need a winch, skids and tires. Not sure if I need anything other than those three things. Some of the shorter brush was banging the bottom of the jeep and made me cringe. Skids are going to be a good investment.

F38F307B-F89C-40B8-9E29-0CDF1EB33085.jpeg

43927564-5A6C-49AD-9559-3CF5F493D04F.jpeg

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Regear if your doing bigger tires or your going to see a significant mpgs hit. Other than that if you stay at 33's or less you should be good. Anything bigger and your going to be around 15 or 16 mpgs.

Sorry I didn't read all the other comments but as far as going places, it's going to take you where you want to go. But if you want to keep the power you better stay at 33's or less 3.73 gears just don't cut it with anything larger. I know some are going to tell you there fine and they are running 35's and 37's on 3.73 but trust me they aren't. I got a buddy who has a overland and he's on 35's and he's getting about 16 to the gallon. A set of BFG KO2S in 33 will get you almost anywhere you need to go.
^^^^^^^^^ this - yes ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

(full disclosure - I have an Overland - I'd never have gone over 33" tires.)

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Thought I’d post some pics. Put her down one of the harder roads to one of the mining ponds I like to go to.

hooked probably the biggest large Mouth of the season and he got off at the bank.

she did very well I was shocked. No winch, no cell service. It was in and out or I’m taking a long walk for help and she didn’t let me down.

I really need a winch, skids and tires. Not sure if I need anything other than those three things. Some of the shorter brush was banging the bottom of the jeep and made me cringe. Skids are going to be a good investment.
Brush isn't a big deal. The skid plates do a great job. You have the same protection as the Rubicon.

mojaveron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator & 2002 dodge Ram 2500 diesel
Occupation
Retired

Jeep Gladiator New owner, with a little buyers remorse. 43927564-5A6C-49AD-9559-3CF5F493D04F

Jeep Gladiator New owner, with a little buyers remorse. 43927564-5A6C-49AD-9559-3CF5F493D04F
One thing to watch out for is weeds wrapping around drive shaft and causing Rear Differential Pinion Seal to leak I have had it happen while dragging weeds on property.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
One thing to watch out for is weeds wrapping around drive shaft and causing Rear Differential Pinion Seal to leak I have had it happen while dragging weeds on property.
I honestly can't recall, haven't looked that close - there's no shield between the yoke and seal to cover or protect it?

OP
OP

Tackett1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT overland
Occupation
NP-C
This is good information thank you.

mojaveron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator & 2002 dodge Ram 2500 diesel
Occupation
Retired
I honestly can't recall, haven't looked that close - there's no shield between the yoke and seal to cover or protect it?
I should have stated this happened on my other truck Dodge Ram 2500 but would think the same thing could happen on the Gladiator.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
There are two Satin Black Grille options there, and one is double the price. Both say they're a "direct replacement". So what's the difference? Anybody know?

Looks like the more expensive one comes with the insert/grill portion while the cheaper one is just the fascia and needs to have the drill/insets swapped over
Sponsored