First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
I bought their SS3 PRO SAE Fog kit for my Tahoe........love them and great customer service.

There was an issue with my initial order and they had the right parts to me in under 2 days.

Their customer service reps are some of the best out there. They're real people not the automated rubbish and you can definitely tell they care and want the customer to be nothing less then 100% satisified
Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
I just got my lights delivered yesterday. Install was quick and easy... mostly. I am having trouble getting the backlight wired. I called customer support and they advised to splice the backlight wire into any factory wire that has power. I tried that with no luck. The included instructions did not provide much guidance.

Has anyone got their lights, with the backlight, wired up that can give me a pointer as to where to connect the backlight wires?? When I have time in the next few days, I am going to try splicing into the DRL. I just want to make sure it will work before cutting another factory wire or find a better option.

Next step is getting them properly adjusted. I believe they are aimed too high. When I turn the fogs on, they seem to have better light output and distribution than the stock LED headlights. CRAZY bright!! I am excited to get the wiring figured out and get them fully operational.
I have a set of the SS2 with the backlighting and I bought their optional wiring harness for this reason. The switch with the harness has 3 positions backlighting/OFF/Lights on.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 / 2015 Mustang / 2016 Camaro
I just got my lights delivered yesterday. Install was quick and easy... mostly. I am having trouble getting the backlight wired. I called customer support and they advised to splice the backlight wire into any factory wire that has power. I tried that with no luck. The included instructions did not provide much guidance.

Has anyone got their lights, with the backlight, wired up that can give me a pointer as to where to connect the backlight wires?? When I have time in the next few days, I am going to try splicing into the DRL. I just want to make sure it will work before cutting another factory wire or find a better option.

Next step is getting them properly adjusted. I believe they are aimed too high. When I turn the fogs on, they seem to have better light output and distribution than the stock LED headlights. CRAZY bright!! I am excited to get the wiring figured out and get them fully operational.
Sorry to hear the trouble regarding our backlight wiring. We just send you an unlisted/unreleased video link through a direct message showing how to install our backlight wire lead. :)

@Diode Dynamics anxiously awaiting my SS3s and SS2s ordered on Black Friday. Called in last week and still no ETA. When will these lights be arriving? Over two months is a looonnngg time to wait.
Patrick, did you get ahold of our customer service team when you called last week? Did they provide an estimated time of arrival? They should have provided a time frame or explanation for your back-order status of the specific models ordered on Black Friday.

We promise they're worth the wait as @SquatchJT mentioned!

If you didn't get ahold of our team last week. Please, give us a call at 314-205-3033 M-F CST, and our service team will be happy to help provide an update live on the phone today.

Looking foward to hearing back from you!

PJZ

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD AEV370
Build Thread
Link
Thanks John @Diode Dynamics
I did talk with them and they didn't have an ETA.
Will try again end of week. Willing to wait and appreciate the vendor engagement!

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Thanks John @Diode Dynamics
I did talk with them and they didn't have an ETA.
Will try again end of week. Willing to wait and appreciate the vendor engagement!
You're welcome, Patrick!

I'm more than happy to help. I just sent you a direct message requesting your order number to see if I can follow up with our team to provide you with any additional updates.

Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I need to get better pics, even some with the lights on.........
We were out in the snow after dark Saturday and the windshield was dirty, auto high beams didn't work due to the dirt covering the top of the windshield and it was a bit iffy as far as where the edges of the roads were in the hills and curves so I decided to fire up the new fogs - my wife said "wow, those sure work".
I think I might actually have them aimed a bit low but will tweak things as the weather gets better in a few months (HA, it's Iowa, who knows?)

The yellow sure made it easier to determine what was what in the snow.

new-fog-lights.jpg
Told ya so😉

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Told ya so😉
Yes you did. You are one of those "if he says it, believe it" guys here.
| finally washed the truck - it hit 41 degrees this AM so it got a bath and now I have a better pic of the lights installed, still don't have a good pic of them turned on showing the way forward. The brackets that came with the bumper make it harder to get the lights to sit perfectly level. Not the lights - but the brackets that came with the bumper. I'm thinking I should have spent the 50 bucks!

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes you did. You are one of those "if he says it, believe it" guys here.
| finally washed the truck - it hit 41 degrees this AM so it got a bath and now I have a better pic of the lights installed, still don't have a good pic of them turned on showing the way forward. The brackets that came with the bumper make it harder to get the lights to sit perfectly level. Not the lights - but the brackets that came with the bumper. I'm thinking I should have spent the 50 bucks!
Trust me, I about fell over when my wife requested an aftermarket part by name for her Jeep. I was excited, worried, and proud all at once.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I just installed last week the SS3 Pro yellow Fog lights. They are really fantastic. I am impressed. Super bright, easy to aim, and the extreme wide angle down low like that really lets you see the side of the road well. Here are a couple of pics - you can see how wide the fog lights shine compared to the stock LED headlights.

Jeep Gladiator NEW! SS3 LED Pods for Jeep Gladiators! | Diode Dynamics VkGYqJ

Jeep Gladiator NEW! SS3 LED Pods for Jeep Gladiators! | Diode Dynamics ui8pvC

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I still need to get pics of the lights on, showing out ahead but they do what they should - like up the shoulders and edges of the roads especially on the curves and hills

Jeep Gladiator NEW! SS3 LED Pods for Jeep Gladiators! | Diode Dynamics 20220208_122406_HDR

Jeep Gladiator NEW! SS3 LED Pods for Jeep Gladiators! | Diode Dynamics 20220208_122355_HDR

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I like the fact these fog lights sort of just sit there, not showing themselves off. They blend into the bumper in a way, not distracting. It's sort of a "stealth" look. They look like they belong. No jumping out "look at me!" appearance. They are there when you need them, otherwise they sit and blend in.
I have contrast on other parts of the truck. Nice looking lights - utility, not bling.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My favorite part besides the function, is the use of real wiring connectors and they don't age out even in the harsh Midwest winter conditions. My first pair still look minty fresh, and work that way too.

PJZ

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD AEV370
Build Thread
Link
Big thumbs up to @Diode Dynamics for follow up! Checked on my backorder and they gave a couple options. Really don't see that much effort any more and particularly via a comment on a forum. Really good service!

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
0M1vhyp.jpg

Don't miss your chance to save 15% off your entire order of lighting upgrades!

Coupon Code: USA22

Plus, get FREE shipping when you spend $300! HURRY, this sale ends TONIGHT!

Click HERE to Shop!

Sale ends 11:59 p.m. CST | Friday, 06/3/2022.

Note: Items on pre-order are exempt from the sale.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
d34AY5f.jpg

YYGJTFK.jpg

61eFL80.jpg

vOVTfeF.jpg

Did you know?

Diode Dynamics employs over 80 passionate people, who work hard to make quality lighting, with the best service possible!

By directly manufacturing many of our products in St. Louis, Missouri, we are able to carefully control quality while bringing unique items to market faster than the competition.

We take pride in our quality products, our customer-focused service, and our work in going "against the grain" to manufacture products here in USA.

Click HERE to browse our Stage Series LED Pods!
Sponsored

Reactions: PJZ