Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
If you use Android Auto, I'd be curious if it showed up on the full screen. I have the 12.1 Phoenix head unit, and AA is limited to only taking up the middle 1/3 of the screen...

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
That's just too much. Especially for the small cab of the JT. I think the 8.4 is perfect size - maybe a tad larger but not much. My Dad's 3500 had the large screen, and my stepmom's Subaru has the large screen, and it's just obnoxious especially at night. Just my opinion. I like the gauges and off road pages and current screen info but this also make it more difficult to find places for your iPad or phone, or mic for cb/gmrs.

OP
OP
Ehsmedic

Ehsmedic

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport max tow
Occupation
Medic/pilot
If you use Android Auto, I'd be curious if it showed up on the full screen. I have the 12.1 Phoenix head unit, and AA is limited to only taking up the middle 1/3 of the screen...
I do not use Android Auto but car play pulls up on the full screen.

OP
OP
Ehsmedic

Ehsmedic

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medic/pilot
That's just too much. Especially for the small cab of the JT. I think the 8.4 is perfect size - maybe a tad larger but not much. My Dad's 3500 had the large screen, and my stepmom's Subaru has the large screen, and it's just obnoxious especially at night. Just my opinion. I like the gauges and off road pages and current screen info but this also make it more difficult to find places for your iPad or phone, or mic for cb/gmrs.
I thought it might be overwhelming at first too once it was installed, but the screen has a flatness to it so when it is dim its not bad at all. The screen also doesn't have any glare like I thought there might be. The gauge cluster is 1000 times more distracting because it reflects in the side view mirror. You also keep all of your offroad apps that are OEM.

Sponsored

ryanlsmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
“Retain vehicle factory reverse cameras (Retains Cargo Camera but requires a 3rd party camera switch for both cameras to connect)” - a bit unfortunate, sounds annoying.

OP
OP
Ehsmedic

Ehsmedic

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medic/pilot
“Retain vehicle factory reverse cameras (Retains Cargo Camera but requires a 3rd party camera switch for both cameras to connect)” - a bit unfortunate, sounds annoying.
yea lost the zoom feature but I don't need that to line a trailer hitch up lol.

XJamesX

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 JT Mojave, ‘20 Jeep JL
I assume you are using an iPhone since you mentioned CarPlay. How is it interacting with it? I thought about upgrading to one of these Linkswell units but wanted to make sure they work well together

Sponsored

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon Launch Edition Granite Crystal
Occupation
Self employed
It’s not that bad . Looks nice .
my concerns about those things are
1) the reactivity and interrsctivity
2) difference of material quality and aspect with the rest of the dashboard
3) and last but not least … the panel with physical commands lost .
Tbh JEEP made a great job with the dashboard, but when I see those screens or the Mercedes style from carobotor I can’t dény ..: it’s gorgeous

OP
OP
Ehsmedic

Ehsmedic

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medic/pilot
I assume you are using an iPhone since you mentioned CarPlay. How is it interacting with it? I thought about upgrading to one of these Linkswell units but wanted to make sure they work well together
so it interfaces pretty well. When you are listening to music via CarPlay you have to do some adjustments to make it sound better. Make sure you put your Radio back to stock setting before taking it out though. It will help get the sound right especially if you have the upgraded radio.

OP
OP
Ehsmedic

Ehsmedic

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medic/pilot
It’s not that bad . Looks nice .
my concerns about those things are
1) the reactivity and interrsctivity
2) difference of material quality and aspect with the rest of the dashboard
3) and last but not least … the panel with physical commands lost .
Tbh JEEP made a great job with the dashboard, but when I see those screens or the Mercedes style from carobotor I can’t dény ..: it’s gorgeous
it interfaces very well. like I was saying in the previous message, you have to do some tweaking to get your music to sound right but everything else integrates pretty seamlessly. I’m gonna be honest I was super surprised I was expecting to be very frustrated with getting it setup, but it really does mesh well.

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Not trying to steal the thread, but I contacted Phoenix, and they said there's no way for AA to fill the screen on their units... ☹
I do like the Linkswell units. They don't have the random "all-purpose" buttons like the Phoenix does, but the Phoenix units are 1/3 the price.
Sponsored