Newb from Texas

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
Howdy y'all ! I owned a Renegade for 3 years before finally getting a real Jeep :D I bought a Gladiator Sport, not sure if it's 'S' or just Sport, it has a package that adds a lot of nice touches so either way I'm pretty happy. Talk about a ride upgrade.....anyway, I'm already looking forward to when I replace my tires later on. With just the standard Sport, no lift kit as far as I know, what is the tallest tire I can put on my stock wheels? And, do I have to do anything else if I do that, for speedometer adjustment or anything like that? I'm pretty new at this, so any help would be appreciated.

Jeep Gladiator Newb from Texas 20210420_071108
Jeep Gladiator Newb from Texas 20210421_173321
Jeep Gladiator Newb from Texas 20210421_173337
Sponsored

Levi.Butler

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Data Engineer
Also... to answer your questions... I think you can fit 35s on them if you really want to but you'd be better of on something around a 33 if you're not planning on a lift or a gear change.

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Itā€™s a Sport S. You can tell by the silver wheels. If it were just a Sport, you wouldnā€™t even have power locks and windows.

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Also... to answer your questions... I think you can fit 35s on them if you really want to but you'd be better of on something around a 33 if you're not planning on a lift or a gear change.
35s will only f if removing or trimming the plastic piece between the bumper and fender. Otherwise, you hit it. After removing that, you can probably squeeze some narrow-ish 35s, but I donā€™t know that youā€™d have full vertical travel if you leave flat ground. Might chew up your fenders.

Sponsored

OP
OP
texanjeeper

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
Would 35S rub if I did no other work to the Gladiator? What size is on them right now, if you can tell from looking?

#Alan, thanks for the reply. So, what kind of price am I looking at to get a lift job done that would fix it where I could use 35's ?

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Would 35S rub if I did no other work to the Gladiator? What size is on them right now, if you can tell from looking?

#Alan, thanks for the reply. So, what kind of price am I looking at to get a lift job done that would fix it where I could use 35's ?
Can't advise about the 35's but believe someone above mentioned about them. You are running just the standard tires which are fine if your looking for the best gas mileage and don't plan on doing anything other than DD. I don't do a ton of off-roading but I swapped out my factory tires for Rubicon take offs I found in the market place. These are bit bigger 33" which come standard on the Rubicons. It gives me a little bit more of off-road tire and still keep some decent gas mileage.

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I have rubicon takeoff wheels and tires on my Sport S and just added takeoff Rubicon springs and shocks which game me a little more room up front. I feel like if I added a leveling kit at this point I could fit 35's without rubbing. I believe there are a few on here with that setup so I'd let them speak to it. Seems like an option if you aren't going the actual lift kit route

-miko-

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon, Tundra, Nissan NV, '21 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Designer
As mentioned, if you do a little cutting of the airdam on the front fender you can easily go up to a 34" tire without any suspension modifications. Here's a shot of 285/75/17s tires that work out to roughly 34". These hit the bump stops before any rubbing.

Jeep Gladiator Newb from Texas tires1.JPG

Tom Fry

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Real estate Brokerage
I've got the Willys edition and it came with 32s MUD tires. The give it a rugged look without being too extreme and not too noisy driving on highway speeds.

Sponsored

ilmostro

First Name
Angus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR

Drive the truck for a while. Get to know it, what you like and what you don't like. Think about what you want to do it, with it, and why. Take your time.

While you're doing that, browse the forums. The answers to all the questions you've asked and thousands more are in there.

Enjoy your new JT

Last edited:

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, Yes! Welcome! See ya on the trails!

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JTRD
Looks good! As others have said, a 33ā€ tire should fit a-okay.

Going with rubicon take off springs will net you some more breathing room.

PS I happen to have a set of rubi springs and shocks from mine for sale. Iā€™m pretty close to in Carrollton(closer to The Colony Castle Hills area)

4xjeepr

First Name
DON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Sport, 06 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 95 Wrangler Rio Grande
I swapped out stock Sport S tires and wheels for Mohave take off MT 33s. No lift or leveling kit (yet). No problems so far.
Jeep Gladiator Newb from Texas 20210412_174954
Sponsored