Newbie Question on My Test Drive

NSBGladiator

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scat Pack
I am new to the whole Jeep thing so please forgive my question if it seems dumb.s Love the looks of the Gladiator and will be in the Market soon. So I test drove the Mojave and Overland Today. Love the lift and more off road look of the Mojave but felt more in control with the overland. Is that because of the lift and bigger tires on the Mojave? If I get a overland and do bigger tires without the lift how does that effect the ride? I have had a lifted ram before with all terrain tires and did not have that experience .
Sponsored

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
FWIW, my stock suspension Overland feels more stable, tracks better, and handles better with my E load 275/70/18 Dueler A/T Revos than it did with the stock 255/70/18 all season tires. They're about 1.5" larger than stock (33.4") and weigh about 12 lbs a tire more.

Smess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel, 2021 392, 1982 J10
I am new to the whole Jeep thing so please forgive my question if it seems dumb.s Love the looks of the Gladiator and will be in the Market soon. So I test drove the Mojave and Overland Today. Love the lift and more off road look of the Mojave but felt more in control with the overland. Is that because of the lift and bigger tires on the Mojave? If I get a overland and do bigger tires without the lift how does that effect the ride? I have had a lifted ram before with all terrain tires and did not have that experience .
THE RAM WEIGHS A LOT MORE, AS LONG AS YOU DONT PUT A 20" WHEEL ON IT AND KEEP THE 17 ALL THE EXTRA SIDEWALL WILL RIDE SOFTER THAN STOCK AND THE WIDER THAN STOCK TIRE WILL GIVE IT A BETTER FOOTPRINT AND TRACK BETTER UNLESS YOU BUY GARBAGE TIRES AND THE VEHICLE IS NOT ALIGNED PROPERLY.

Smess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel, 2021 392, 1982 J10
FWIW, my stock suspension Overland feels more stable, tracks better, and handles better with my E load 275/70/18 Dueler A/T Revos than it did with the stock 255/70/18 all season tires. They're about 1.5" larger than stock (33.4") and weigh about 12 lbs a tire more.
You went from a 32.1x10 to a 33.2x10.8

the .8 wider footprint makes it ride better and track better. now go to a 305 (33.6x12) or 325 (34.6x12.80 and you get some additional footprint. 12.8 will probably too wide and it will wander unless you are pouting them on the right width wheel

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
THE RAM WEIGHS A LOT MORE, AS LONG AS YOU DONT PUT A 20" WHEEL ON IT AND KEEP THE 17 ALL THE EXTRA SIDEWALL WILL RIDE SOFTER THAN STOCK AND THE WIDER THAN STOCK TIRE WILL GIVE IT A BETTER FOOTPRINT AND TRACK BETTER UNLESS YOU BUY GARBAGE TIRES AND THE VEHICLE IS NOT ALIGNED PROPERLY.
Jeep Gladiator Newbie Question on My Test Drive 1606810510725
Sponsored