Nitto Trail Grappler vs Ridge Grappler vs BFG KM3 vs BFG AT

Stylinhonda

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Same question here, I've always run BFG KO2's but people seem to like the ride of the Ridge Grappler as well, it obviously looks a bit meaner than a K02 but I'm worried about the weight as well.
Sponsored

JfishKing

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 2016 JKU Sahara
How are you liking this set up thus far? I just ordered a Mojave and I am deciding on my wheels/tires. I am leaning towards 37 and thinking about running 13 1/2’s Noah Noah

Wicknalter

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Love my Ridge Grapplers super quiet for a big tire. Only thing I’d change is getting a lighter load range next time. Some how accidentally selected range e. Heavy as all hell and killed my mpg but I didn’t buy it to save gas... Tough as snot at range e ran over a few sharp stumps on my venture today that ripped apart tires for the people who followed me.
Rain performance is very mehh but that’s any big tire. Snow was actually better than I thought. Mud is ok until it gets caked in. Cruises through sand surprisingly well. Grips and rips on rocks. A great all around tire that won’t make you def and doesn’t ride to where it shakes the wheel. Will buy again after I add 2” of lift. Actually selling my wheels and tires next week.

1CC1A324-56F2-4F25-8646-447FD66D2454.jpeg

Sponsored

FREEZE451

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave | 2021 Grand Cherokee L
Doesn’t look like you have a lift either. Is it an auto? O you notice much loss of power on up hills?
2" lift mopar, and 1" teraflex level.

Up hills a little loss yeah , not enough to care. Still get 15.5mpg avg.

Sponsored

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
20 JT, 15 JKU, 22 BMW 4, Challenger R/T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
Trail Grapplers on the JKU. Will be putting 37 Trail Grapplers on the JTR. Sounds like Ridge Grapplers may be a better fit for the OP though.

We drove from Florida to Colorado on the Trail Grapplers recently. Not sure if we have a high tolerance or what but I thought they rode great on the highways and the trails.

Jeep Gladiator Nitto Trail Grappler vs Ridge Grappler vs BFG KM3 vs BFG AT IMG_0103 2.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Nitto Trail Grappler vs Ridge Grappler vs BFG KM3 vs BFG AT IMG_0104 2.JPG

Lawrencebest

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
COO
How are you liking this set up thus far? I just ordered a Mojave and I am deciding on my wheels/tires. I am leaning towards 37 and thinking about running 13 1/2’s Noah Noah
No issues here. I like the set up. I don’t have any issues getting in 8th gear on the highway.

dangerousone

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Ridge Grappler 37
I also went with Ridge Grappler 37’s after a ton of research. Did the Chalk test running them at 29PSI. So far love them! They are heavy but the plan is to re-gear eventually. Will be taking the PunkN from Denver to Phoenix over the holiday so will get some good road time with them.
Jeep Gladiator Nitto Trail Grappler vs Ridge Grappler vs BFG KM3 vs BFG AT 894149BE-E429-4E74-9526-E91A68C97816

OP
OP
Redjk07

Redjk07

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Self Employed
Love my Ridge Grapplers super quiet for a big tire. Only thing I’d change is getting a lighter load range next time. Some how accidentally selected range e. Heavy as all hell and killed my mpg but I didn’t buy it to save gas... Tough as snot at range e ran over a few sharp stumps on my venture today that ripped apart tires for the people who followed me.
Rain performance is very mehh but that’s any big tire. Snow was actually better than I thought. Mud is ok until it gets caked in. Cruises through sand surprisingly well. Grips and rips on rocks. A great all around tire that won’t make you def and doesn’t ride to where it shakes the wheel. Will buy again after I add 2” of lift. Actually selling my wheels and tires next week.

Jeep Gladiator Nitto Trail Grappler vs Ridge Grappler vs BFG KM3 vs BFG AT 894149BE-E429-4E74-9526-E91A68C97816
That is one reason why I went with the Trail Grappler is because of the load range D.

MeanMachine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon JT
Only because you live where the snow flies and you don't plan on doing any HARD wheeling, I would strongly suggest looking at Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's. I had them on 3 of my F-150's and they eliminated the need for winter tires and were incredible tires! My brother had trail grapplers on his F350 and switched to Duratrac's and never went back. Just a suggestion.
Same thought from me, I live in a snowy area, went with KO2's - they have been very good on the trails, very good on the road and great in the snow. And as someone else mentioned, not nearly as heavy as Nitto. In the end, there will be some compromise for each of these choices, just be realistic on what your needs are.
Sponsored