Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Since installing I have not had an opportunity to get full up travel. I have a sense that OEM ride height and OEM wheels and tires will get some rub since the wheels are sucked in and higher in the wheel well. In my case, since I have a lift and less backspacing on my wheels, I think I'm fine.
Thanks. That makes me hesitant. I don’t rub now, but do get close. My front is lifted 3” with 37’s.
Sponsored

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
Those aren’t bad. Do you have any clearance issues when you stuff the tire into the fender?
Also, prior to installing the metal liners, I did a fender "Trim" with a set of Rugged Ridge turns. I left the majority of the black trim to keep it looking "Stock-ish".

Jeep Gladiator No-Chop Inner Fenders IMG_1463

Jeep Gladiator No-Chop Inner Fenders IMG_1464

OP
OP
WILDHOBO

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Also, prior to installing the metal liners, I did a fender "Trim" with a set of Rugged Ridge turns.

Looks good. I like that it’s a trim instead of a chop, but I’m still trying to avoid it. Maybe I’ll just keep the stupid plastic ones for now. Annoying. :)

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
I'm right there with you on wanting to keep the inner fenders above the wheel, but then trim them out and replace them with aluminum sheet inner liners along the engine bay... I don't think it'd be as tough as you think to get them trimmed and looking good.

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
Also had to ditch the APEX autoLYNX swaybar disconnects. I would have to trim a hole in my metal liners for the top of the disconnects to clear.

Jeep Gladiator No-Chop Inner Fenders F3E84D95-A11A-4567-B794-59F08CF5B40D

Jeep Gladiator No-Chop Inner Fenders 1D54F3A6-AC57-459D-BD56-5742CE6142E3

Something like this...

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
WILDHOBO

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Also had to ditch the APEX autoLYNX swaybar disconnects. I would have to trim a hole in my metal liners for the top of the disconnects to clear.

Something like this...

Bummer.

CookieSoup

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Last edited:

b-roc

First Name
Broc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM
Dan - almost any inner fender can be done with varying degrees of chop ... in order of decreasing degree of chop (most to least)

1) follow manufacturer chop directions (the fender flares are 3 layers ... this removes 2 layers)
2) only remove one layer and front light ... this retains the outer edge similar to @XraytecH above and mine ... i did this so that my front mud flaps weren't blowing in the breeze (i.e. there is a gap between the flare and the mudflap otherwise) and it gains a little clearance but not as much as #1
3) same as 2 but leave the light similar to @CookieSoup
4) Trim the portion of the stock inner fender that is duplicated by the new metal liner and leave a couple of tags on the plastic as you trim to tuck behind the metal ... can't remember the post but it was on this forum prior to March 2021 when I was looking into this

A side note for methods 2 and 3 ... there are some holes that are left that you can see in @CookieSoup 's post that can be filled with plastic rivets that look very very similar to stock ... you will need a washer on the back side of the hole because the stock plastic is too thin otherwise
Rexka 50pcs Fender Flare Bumper Door Trim Plastic Rivet Retainer 1/4 Hole Compatible with Chrysler 6506007AA 07-20 Jeep Wrangler, Wrangler Unlimited JK & 02-12 Liberty KJ GM 10184895 Ford N803862-S https://a.co/d/9BxIUXJ

And this tool
Tool Aid S&G 19400 Rivet Tool for... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007QV2E50?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

OP
OP
WILDHOBO

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Dan - almost any inner fender can be done with varying degrees of chop ... in order of decreasing degree of chop (most to least)

1) follow manufacturer chop directions (the fender flares are 3 layers ... this removes 2 layers)
2) only remove one layer and front light ... this retains the outer edge similar to @XraytecH above and mine ... i did this so that my front mud flaps weren't blowing in the breeze (i.e. there is a gap between the flare and the mudflap otherwise) and it gains a little clearance but not as much as #1
3) same as 2 but leave the light similar to @CookieSoup
4) Trim the portion of the stock inner fender that is duplicated by the new metal liner and leave a couple of tags on the plastic as you trim to tuck behind the metal ... can't remember the post but it was on this forum prior to March 2021 when I was looking into this

A side note for methods 2 and 3 ... there are some holes that are left that you can see in @CookieSoup 's post that can be filled with plastic rivets that look very very similar to stock ... you will need a washer on the back side of the hole because the stock plastic is too thin otherwise
Rexka 50pcs Fender Flare Bumper Door Trim Plastic Rivet Retainer 1/4 Hole Compatible with Chrysler 6506007AA 07-20 Jeep Wrangler, Wrangler Unlimited JK & 02-12 Liberty KJ GM 10184895 Ford N803862-S https://a.co/d/9BxIUXJ

And this tool
Tool Aid S&G 19400 Rivet Tool for... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007QV2E50?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Good idea. But more and more I’m just considering leaving it stock. It does vary, but I haven’t seen one that looks totally polished.

Chief_jeep

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Ecodiesel
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
American Adventure Lab has Inner fender liners that are supposed to be very easy to remove.
I have Artec fenders and they have been great but I don't plan on removing mine often.

Sponsored

OP
OP
WILDHOBO

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

amoyer_01

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Willys
Thanks. Those look pretty nice.
If I can grab some pictures today I will put them up here for you. I think the install took about 10 mins a side. Like they say in the install video add some thicker double sided tape to avoid any rattle from the mesh to the liner. You can hear some when moving them around, but after I added the tape you hear none. I used the clear Gorilla glue double sided tape. I have them with stock Rubicon fenders.

OP
OP
WILDHOBO

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
If I can grab some pictures today I will put them up here for you. I think the install took about 10 mins a side. Like they say in the install video add some thicker double sided tape to avoid any rattle from the mesh to the liner. You can hear some when moving them around, but after I added the tape you hear none. I used the clear Gorilla glue double sided tape. I have them with stock Rubicon fenders.
Thanks very much.