Sponsored

No more steel bumper option?

Elanachan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep TJ Wrangler Sport, 2014 Toyota Prius
Vehicle Showcase
As of some time yesterday, the steel bumper option disappeared from the builder page for the rubicon. No idea if this is a glitch on their site or not, but it might be worth noting.

Edit: Just checked the JL, it appears to only be the JT where the option was removed from the site.

Note for mods: Not sure if this thread actually belongs in "Ordering, Pricing, Negotiating, Tracking" as I mainly use the builder for brainstorming what I'll eventually end up with and checking the target amount.
Sponsored

Last edited:

bhbdvm

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon, 2016 BMW R1200GS
Steel bumper has not been available on the Gladiator for the past 3.5 weeks when I ordered on 8/5. Dealer gave me the option of replacing the plastic bumper with a Wrangler JL steel bumper or go to an aftermarket. The Wrangler JL bumpers are available but seem hard to get right now for this very reason. Sales manager told me that the Launch Edition jeeps were partly responsible for the shortage because they all come with the steel bumper. Not sure why they can't bring a palate of steel bumpers from the Wrangler line and use on the Gladiators but i am sure there must be a reason. Anyway, no steel bumpers at least since my order on 8/5.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
Steel bumper has not been available on the Gladiator for the past 3.5 weeks when I ordered on 8/5. Dealer gave me the option of replacing the plastic bumper with a Wrangler JL steel bumper or go to an aftermarket. The Wrangler JL bumpers are available but seem hard to get right now for this very reason. Sales manager told me that the Launch Edition jeeps were partly responsible for the shortage because they all come with the steel bumper. Not sure why they can't bring a palate of steel bumpers from the Wrangler line and use on the Gladiators but i am sure there must be a reason. Anyway, no steel bumpers at least since my order on 8/5.
FYI, the JL steel bumper is the same bumper as the JT. The part number sticker on the bumper, from the factory, is the same.

bhbdvm

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon, 2016 BMW R1200GS
I ordered a Rubicon yesterday around noon with the steel bumper.
I was just checking the status of my 8/5/19 ordered Rubicon and asked about the steel bumper on Gladiator. He stated it was now available on the Gladiator again.

Sponsored

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Jeeps online build tool no longer has Steel bumper as option?

TeenJr

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
I ordered on 8/17 with the steel bumper.
Sponsored