North Edition Gladiators have arrived

SD Gladiator

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 1989 XJ,
My Overland came with all of those options and more. I wonder how much the badge costs.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rav34653

Rav34653

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinto
Vehicle Showcase
If my calculations are correct you would save $725 not including the bag of recovery stuff or the badge or the instrument grill when ordering the preferred package 24E

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
did they remove the side steps ? I thought that was standard on Overland ? I thought up north ya'll need those steps for keeping the salt off of your truck ?

OP
OP
Rav34653

Rav34653

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinto
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't notice that, If that's true and you don't get the side steps With the North Package then that Package is no value and not worth buying,

Sponsored

Paladin_JTR

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 JLUR
did they remove the side steps ? I thought that was standard on Overland ? I thought up north ya'll need those steps for keeping the salt off of your truck ?
Just gonna say you nailed it, an overland without side steps subtracts value from what the overland comes standard with. I am not from up north but if I was I would venture to say anything that helps prevent salt and/or salt spray would be a huge value addition.

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
and then they say oh you need side steps we can fix you up with some for a little $$

88mmm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland, 911 TT
If my calculations are correct you would save $725 not including the bag of recovery stuff or the badge or the instrument grill when ordering the preferred package 24E
Correct my math was off. From my autotrader search it does appear that the sidesteps are not included on most North Editions. Is anyone able to tell what the special instrument bezels are?

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
Side steps are included with the package, the "North Edition" variant was just added today to the online Build and Price tool on jeep.com.

Makes you wonder why some don't have them unless dealers are swapping them to other vehicles to try and dress up non-selling sports...

88mmm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland, 911 TT
Side steps are included with the package, the "North Edition" variant was just added today to the online Build and Price tool on jeep.com.

Makes you wonder why some don't have them unless dealers are swapping them to other vehicles to try and dress up non-selling sports...
It's strange I did a search on autotrader and almost none of the north editions have side steps. Went to my local dealer and there are two, no side steps. :facepalm:

Sponsored

Red Wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Colorado
The model comparison feature on Jeep.com shows the North Edition having Selec-Trac full-time 4x4. Is that a Jeepified AWD?

Paladin_JTR

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The model comparison feature on Jeep.com shows the North Edition having Selec-Trac full-time 4x4. Is that a Jeepified AWD?
That is the JL Sahara AWD system yes. I did not know they ported that over to the Gladiator.

Paladin_JTR

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
North Edition Gladiators have this additional setting??
I have no idea, was just answering the question. The Selec Trac is the JL Sahara all wheel drive add on option. I do not know if the North Edition Gladiator will include this as an option (or standard) at all. If you go to their website and build a North Edition the only option for anything related to axles is the Trac Lok option for $595 (basically a limited slip diff).

Red Wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Colorado