Not seeing any overland pictures

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
I wouldn't raise the front until you see what your towed rig does to it! :fingerscrossed:
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Right - the front springs will be the last thing to go under - depending.
I may be making a trip to the Omaha area soon with my trailer to pick up a large 12' AMC dealership sign but that won't be any load on the trailer at all (and I STILL have no brake controller) but will at least see how it does on the highway pulling 1500 pounds plus the weight of the sign - maybe a couple hundred pounds or so, plus the frame we build around it so I can strap it down securely and not crush it.
The max tow springs should arrive this week but I am not doing anything until I can hook up with full load as I want to document every measurement, every step, so I can compare fully stock Overland with, without loaded trailer, and then with max tow springs, with and without loaded trailer,.
Front end will be adjusted as necessary if necessary.

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Right - the front springs will be the last thing to go under - depending.
I may be making a trip to the Omaha area soon with my trailer to pick up a large 12' AMC dealership sign but that won't be any load on the trailer at all (and I STILL have no brake controller) but will at least see how it does on the highway pulling 1500 pounds plus the weight of the sign - maybe a couple hundred pounds or so, plus the frame we build around it so I can strap it down securely and not crush it.
The max tow springs should arrive this week but I am not doing anything until I can hook up with full load as I want to document every measurement, every step, so I can compare fully stock Overland with, without loaded trailer, and then with max tow springs, with and without loaded trailer,.
Front end will be adjusted as necessary if necessary.
if you happen to get a front bumper/winch then it will drop the front around 3/4' so keep that in mind

Wilsonb80

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland Gator.
Occupation
Cable Dog / Network weeny
Guess I throw my Overland Gator up here. Rubicon wheels..

D5C88067-1CEC-4D97-A105-2E5326F41BA4.jpeg

37F54665-F087-42A6-B8E2-B19D97085980.jpeg

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Guess I throw my Overland Gator up here. Rubicon wheels..

D5C88067-1CEC-4D97-A105-2E5326F41BA4.jpeg

37F54665-F087-42A6-B8E2-B19D97085980.jpeg
SHARP. Looks great with those tires and wheels....... good pics. thanks for sharing.

if you happen to get a front bumper/winch then it will drop the front around 3/4' so keep that in mind
Good to keep in mind........ I'll HOPEFULLY be getting a full Rubicon suspension setup soon - got it bought, just have to get it here from Denver. That will give me the Rubicon springs - and with a winch that would take care of about 3/4".
Thanks.

Sponsored

mzeblue

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, E300
Thanks. I don't plan on "massive changes" to appearance. Some tires better suited to Iowa seasons, but nothing over 33" planned at this point. I like the looks of the JT stock wheels - the Overland wheels are nice looking - or the Rubicon. If I can't find some better all-season tires as far as take-offs with wheels, I guess I'd end up buying tires for these wheels, that's plan B.
How it sits - I'd like to take SOME rake out of it - Rubicon springs up front should lift it 3/4" according to others who have done it, and Sport Max Tow springs in the back to keep it from settling as much under load. Some leveling, no real lift, minor if I do. I can't see going over an inch higher in the end, likely less, whatever the other springs give me. Most of my plans are protection, make it more "truck-like" in some ways, perhaps a couple of decals for it.
I recently added LE take offs, and have a Mopar lift kit being delivered next week. But, I’m double guessing whether I really need a 2” lift. I may try to first do a 3/4” level in front to reduce (but not eliminate) rake before actually installing the lift kit. I’m sure I could sell the lift kit locally if I find leveling to be enough.

E54D4641-3A7D-43A9-A100-A456147B8527.jpeg

Last edited:

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I recently added LE take offs, and have a Mopar lift kit being delivered next week. But, I’m double guessing whether I really need a 2” lift. I may try to first do a 3/4” level in front to reduce (but not eliminate) rake before actually installing the lift kit. I’m sure I could sell the lift kit locally if I find leveling to be enough.

E54D4641-3A7D-43A9-A100-A456147B8527.jpeg
Nice shot.
I've been wondering the same myself - thus my experimenting with springs and things.
When we get into better weather and there's a bit of time, I'll start doing my testing.
Hopefully will be seeing Rubicon springs and shocks soon. Have the max tow springs for the back end.
Will decided after all of that if I need to do anything else, or differently.

Sponsored

APTOutdoors

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aptoutdoors.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator - Punk'n, 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer - Dover Grey Metallic
Occupation
Sys Admin
Just got some 70"s vinyl

20200207_212107.jpg
Man I really dig the Scrambler stripes with the red/orange/yellow combo. Would love to see a similar mockup on Hydro Blue, though it's definitely bolder than the old J-Series or Scrambler Powder Blue.