First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer
When I was building houses, we would send the green guy to the hardware store to look for a board strecher and would tell him you could take a 8 foot 2x6 into a 10 foot 2x4. Scarey part was that there were plenty who beleived it.
Sponsored

Bananaman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green Sport S JTRD
Occupation
Cabinet maker
When I was building houses, we would send the green guy to the hardware store to look for a board strecher and would tell him you could take a 8 foot 2x6 into a 10 foot 2x4. Scarey part was that there were plenty who beleived it.
Yep. Shelf stretcher in the grocery biz. Would send them to a competitor to ask for the one we lent them.

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
I always like it when you send the new guy for the ‘correct’ tool but use what you have instead of waiting. Then when he gets back with it, you don’t need it anymore.
In our setting we work on stuff outside or in the field so sending him back inside for the tool usually only takes a few minutes.

it_trailblzr

First Name
Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTO
Occupation
Social Extrovert
Back in the Army days, I sent a newbie to the motor pool to get a #10 skyhook, and a T R E E, he had no sense of humor.

Edit: to make clear, it was a tr double e.

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
✌

This was meant at a jab at the tree huggers that don't understand their choice in going electric -- means that they are sill dependent on fossil fuels.

Today, we as a nation, rely on less than 20% renewable energy resources. To the mods this isn't a political matter, these are just facts.

So, to your statement, when are we going to get to 50% number? How is that going to be measured? How are the states that reside in the PNW, and upper Eastern seaboard going to effectively jump on that solar panacea? There are a lot of households, and population that cannot benefit from solar or windmills. The grid, -- what is being done to address the additional influx of power, and storage of potential energy?

I am totally onboard with a better way forward - it is going to take some time to get there and everyone onboard to understand that process is one that requires a transitional strategy.
Yeah, it will take time. We installed rooftop solar and got 36% off the cost in the next years taxes. It's cheaper than you think and you can kiss the utility goodbye. Ours (6.23 kW) will be paid for in less than six years, and in the meantime no utility payments even in mid-summer in New Mexico.

Sponsored

Sponsored

PeterGriffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
(re)tired...!
Well, since many states are going 50+% renewable, and many of us have rooftop solar, then I agree, and it will be easy to do. However, all electric isn't yet feasible. PHEV makes more sense until the batteries can be quickly recharged.
Not sure how you stumbled into this thread...everything just plain wrong and/or completely anecdotal in your thread is in bold/italics...

...and before you try to school me on solar, I have a 125% system and I'm currently at 15.1K+ kWh produced so far this year and my system didn't go live until mid-April. Literally live in one of the sunniest places in the country and while an EV may make sense for me given my personal (read, anecdotal) situation, unlike most proponents of EV stupidity I'm extremely well aware of how bad they are for the environment; that's what it's called the green agenda, the environment doesn't have f-all to do with it...

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
Not sure how you stumbled into this thread...everything just plain wrong and/or completely anecdotal in your thread is in bold/italics...

...and before you try to school me on solar, I have a 125% system and I'm currently at 15.1K+ kWh produced so far this year and my system didn't go live until mid-April. Literally live in one of the sunniest places in the country and while an EV may make sense for me given my personal (read, anecdotal) situation, unlike most proponents of EV stupidity I'm extremely well aware of how bad they are for the environment; that's what it's called the green agenda, the environment doesn't have f-all to do with it...
Have a nice day.