Elff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Alfa Romeo 4C Spider, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
Nope, It`s more ABV, and that`s a very strong argument.
Maybe when comparing beer to beer
but
ABV = 1/2 proof.

Even my Namesake beer is only 11% ABV = 22 Proof
1669316362400.png

which is Kinda wimpy compared to spirits

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, Bright White MT
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
Well here’s to thanksgiving, start of my 5 day weekend hope all drink well and eat even better
image.jpg
Beer (craft beer) is fine most days, but for a turkey dinner a light white wine, preferably from one of our local vintners, is my choice.

Gruner.jpg

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, Bright White MT
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
Well, since many states are going 50+% renewable, and many of us have rooftop solar, then I agree, and it will be easy to do. However, all electric isn't yet feasible. PHEV makes more sense until the batteries can be quickly recharged.

Wkyfiregladdy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
ED0764BF-61CC-45B2-85D9-33DEE5B0A3E9.jpeg

Always have some bourbon county beer on holidays and some polish blackberry brandy

HouseOfWolves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Well, since many states are going 50+% renewable, and many of us have rooftop solar, then I agree, and it will be easy to do. However, all electric isn't yet feasible. PHEV makes more sense until the batteries can be quickly recharged.

✌

This was meant at a jab at the tree huggers that don't understand their choice in going electric -- means that they are sill dependent on fossil fuels.

Today, we as a nation, rely on less than 20% renewable energy resources. To the mods this isn't a political matter, these are just facts.

So, to your statement, when are we going to get to 50% number? How is that going to be measured? How are the states that reside in the PNW, and upper Eastern seaboard going to effectively jump on that solar panacea? There are a lot of households, and population that cannot benefit from solar or windmills. The grid, -- what is being done to address the additional influx of power, and storage of potential energy?

I am totally onboard with a better way forward - it is going to take some time to get there and everyone onboard to understand that process is one that requires a transitional strategy.