First Name
K Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon white
Occupation
Business Owner
20 years in the water/wastewater industry. It honestly doesn’t bother me that much anymore.
Always smelt like money to me. But I had COVID 5 months ago and still cant smell anything. Thank God I cant smell grease traps and urinals, they smell far worse than poop.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Always smelt like money to me. But I had COVID 5 months ago and still cant smell anything. Thank God I cant smell grease traps and urinals, they smell far worse than poop.
Cow poo is far worse than pig poo and people poo is right up there as well................
There's a couple of people been in the news recently - had covid over a year ago, senses still not returned. One can't eat certain foods because they smell like poo to them, their sense of smell, and thus taste, is to this very day still screws up. It's messed up both of them for over a year. (likely many others but they happened to hit the news)

When I worked in the old AMC dealership shop in the 70s the owner of the place let a couple of dairy delivery guys keep their trucks inside the shop for the night so they could be plugged in for the refrigeration, ready to go in the AM. One of those drivers had an afternoon job driving a rendering truck. He had no sense of smell. Others who knew him said it wasn't uncommon when it was lunch time for him to sit near the carcass he was there to pick up and eat his lunch - he couldn't smell it.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear all that, @ShadowsPapa. Glad to hear your family worked out a solution but yikes.
Thanks. He messed up, yes, but it was sort of a trap in ways.
I get info now and then through my other son who has been to China a couple of times and likely communicates with him when he's in Korea (and big brother isn't watching him here)

There's a heck of a back-story with it all. My youngest son took matters into his own hands, found a place he could live in peace and get help and work. Ironically he's got a far better life there than he ever could here - and better care.
What he did that started it all wasn't "legal" technically - wrong, no, not wrong, but not legal.
In the process he really made the feds and others look like Keystone Kops.

I don't condone, but I understand. And I had to laugh right at them when I was asked what I knew.
What started it all should have never been on the books to begin with.

We can blast China all we want - but the people there are great, the science, technology, medical science, makes the U.S. look like some bunch of fools trying to figure out how to make a wheel.
Hate the leaders, not the people.
Same for Russia - I worked with dozens of Russian people. Some of the most polite, smart and good people. Hate their government, not the people.

Jeep Gladiator O 20220121_110851

Last edited:

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
I feel very sorry for your son. Living in China is no walk in the park.
Get your social credit score up to par, do something worthy of the party. The sad thing is people living there are forced to say they love it or else they disappear. What a life.
Don't EVEN conflate China with Hong Kong. Fuck China!
That country is the antitheses to freedom. Sadly we are marching towards the same thing, because people believe government is the answer to all of their problems, so sad. Hopefully I'm dead before that happens to this country. Democrats would LOVE that shit in this country, one party rule....
I'm guessing it's not ok to say "F China"

Warning for DankjeeP
Given by
  • Moderation Staff
  • 40 minutes ago
Details of warning
Disrespectful/insulting behavior and NO POLITICS.
Warning points

Funny thing is they don't say what comment was the issue.
Oh well, free speech and all that....
Jeep Gladiator O XiPoo

I'm out.

It's been real, it's been fun, as they say. Happy trails everyone.

Last edited:

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
That is my screen saver. Every time I walk out to the shop, our shop foreman reminds me of that. Sometimes it is useful, he calls me out there to get things torn apart when no one else can. Sometimes I get them apart beautifully, sometimes shit goes everywhere! Either way I am successful, some just costs me more money than others.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
That is my screen saver. Every time I walk out to the shop, our shop foreman reminds me of that. Sometimes it is useful, he calls me out there to get things torn apart when no one else can. Sometimes I get them apart beautifully, sometimes shit goes everywhere! Either way I am successful, some just costs me more money than others.

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
My Marine Corps brothers will appreciate this!
Jeep Gladiator O CD965524-9957-4E1A-8721-ECAF74D9C051

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
LOL - nice way to say something not for kids.

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
LOL - nice way to say something not for kids.
🤣
Lake Bandini is our raw sewage open air treatment plant. It is one of the many peculiar things about the base that anyone who has ever trained here or been stationed here will never forget.
Found this little tidbit of information for those who don’t understand.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Affectionately called "lake" - that's Marines..........

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Affectionately called "lake" - that's Marines..........
Well now think about it, would you have more game saying babe let’s go watch the beautiful desert sunset reflecting off of the lake, or off of the sewage pond?😂
Marines are quite the romantics you know!

jeepers29

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer
Thanks. He messed up, yes, but it was sort of a trap in ways.
I get info now and then through my other son who has been to China a couple of times and likely communicates with him when he's in Korea (and big brother isn't watching him here)

There's a heck of a back-story with it all. My youngest son took matters into his own hands, found a place he could live in peace and get help and work. Ironically he's got a far better life there than he ever could here - and better care.
What he did that started it all wasn't "legal" technically - wrong, no, not wrong, but not legal.
In the process he really made the feds and others look like Keystone Kops.

I don't condone, but I understand. And I had to laugh right at them when I was asked what I knew.
What started it all should have never been on the books to begin with.

We can blast China all we want - but the people there are great, the science, technology, medical science, makes the U.S. look like some bunch of fools trying to figure out how to make a wheel.
Hate the leaders, not the people.
Same for Russia - I worked with dozens of Russian people. Some of the most polite, smart and good people. Hate their government, not the people.

Jeep Gladiator O CD965524-9957-4E1A-8721-ECAF74D9C051
This is made so easy to understand in the show " Long way round", as well as the down and up ones. People all want the same things. It's the governments that screw everything up.
Sponsored