First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Machinist
Has anyone replaced there factory led fogs with the Baja designs Squadron pros. How do you like them and was it a true , remove and replace as they say they are.
Sponsored

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
No - but i did do basically the same thing with SS3's from Diode Dynamics and they are awesome, bright and durable.

OP
OP
bowtiejc

bowtiejc

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Machinist
You will need their relay wiring harness if you want to use your factory fog switch.
Why do they not mention that in there add. They show an adapter for each light to plug in factory harness then into BD light. I’m not a great wiring person, makes me nervous. Why is the relay needed ? Thanks for you help

Sponsored

kgc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
I have Baja Designs squadron SAEs wired to my OEM fog light harness and they work fine. I don’t have the LED package and I bet the OEMs drew more power than the BDs.

if I remember right, the stock bulbs are 24W and the BDs are 22W. Squadron Pros are 40W and might need better wiring. I have Pros on my A pillars and they are bright. Definitely not “fog” lights, and definitely not for use anytime there is oncoming traffic.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bowtiejc

bowtiejc

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Machinist
I have Baja Designs squadron SAEs wired to my OEM fog light harness and they work fine. I don’t have the LED package and I bet the OEMs drew more power than the BDs.

if I remember right, the stock bulbs are 24W and the BDs are 22W. Squadron Pros are 40W and might need better wiring. I have Pros on my A pillars and they are bright. Definitely not “fog” lights, and definitely not for use anytime there is oncoming traffic.
Thanks , I have s set of BD squadron r pros driving combo on my cowl , wired to my aux switch . They are extremely bright, i love them . No way you can run them on the hwy, you could cause a bad wreck.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link

The SAE lights are compatible with the canbus. Some people are able to run Squadron Sports ok, while others report the canbus shuts the circuit off. The Pros require the relay kit to use the factory fog switch/wiring.

OP
OP
bowtiejc

bowtiejc

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Machinist
I think ill just use the Squadron SAE's so i dont have to use any relays. The sae are brighter than the oem led's. Thanks for all the help in making my decision.
Sponsored