OEM or Aftermarket Headlights?!

kaeo_15

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I also recommend the Oracle Oculus Bi-LED. Mine have been great.
Sponsored

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I replaced my stock bulbs with $40 Hikari from Amazon, as recommended on another thread.

JeepRealtor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thekashatteam.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (Bright White), 2019 Ford Expedition Limited Stealth Package (Magnetic)
Occupation
Realtor
Check out the JW Speaker brand. They have great LED headlights and are available with heated lenses too. They are 7” though so they will require an adapter.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
To the OP, if you can wait until Oracle releases their 9" heated LED's you will have two options.
You can pick up the Oracle's, or wait until someone with factory LED's upgrade and put those up for sale.

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I opted for LED bulbs and I now see why I was called a dick in another thread. I have been flashed at least once on my way home from work every time I drive home. I only live 5 miles from work. I just got Oracle Lighting LED headlights. Should be coming in Monday. Cheaper on Quadratec site than Oracle's.
They can be aimed, and worked for me for a while. But compared to the oracle's I put in they tended to leak some light upward at times. The Oracles are awesome, I wish I had sucked it up and got them a year ago.

nbvillager

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
retired
Re Mopar LED headlight, it is not as plug n' play as some of the aftermarket headlights. A search of this forum and the Wrangler JL forum reveals that at least a year or more ago some people had difficulty getting the halo to work. Where the Oracle Occulus has a wire that goes to the fusebox, Mopar has a wire that goes back into the cabin of the Jeep. One person reported that it took him an hour and a half to snake the wire through into the cabin. Another person reported that he found it easier to remove the front passenger seat so that he would have room for himself as he worked on the inside below the dash. Nobody reported that it was a "fun" experience. Additionally, unless you have a tazer, you have to go to the dealership in order for the Jeep's computer to register the LED halo. In 2018, some dealers did not have success with the halo. I don't know the current situation. Myself, I chose the JW Speaker Evolution J2. It is a 7-inch headlight and requires a bracket to fit into the larger space of the JL/JT. Otherwise, it is a simple matter of swapping one headlight for another. There is no need to involve the dealer. I read and watched many reviews. I think the following review is informative but it does not cover all choices.
Sponsored