Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Saw this and thought it was interesting. I haven't wore a ring in years, not even a wedding band but my wife recently got her another wedding band/set and I have been looking for something that I can wear but not feel like I'm wearing jewelry. I thought this was kinda neat and if it's light weight and I can work in it I'd be maybe ok with it. I looked at some of the rubberized rings for working out and stuff but they look to kid like. Just thought I'd share this in case some of you have the same dilemma as me. These seem to be geared to the off road community.

https://www.titanium-buzz.com/off-road-inspired-tread-grill-carbon-fiber-ring/
Sponsored

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
I wear a tungsten carbide ring. It's heavy and solid but looks brand new after 2 years without any kind of maintenance or cleaning. It also cost about $15 and I'm not a jewelry person.

That ring is kind of cool but I don't know how comfortable the flat inner face would be (at least the corners are slightly rounded) and I'm not out here to rock a DJ5 grille....7 slots or nothing IMO...

...which means they do not have any licensing agreement with Jeep and are trying to pass this off without any kind of royalties due. $175 seems outrageous for some carbon fibers molded with epoxy

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I wear a tungsten carbide ring. It's heavy and solid but looks brand new after 2 years without any kind of maintenance or cleaning. It also cost about $15 and I'm not a jewelry person.

That ring is kind of cool but I don't know how comfortable the flat inner face would be (at least the corners are slightly rounded) and I'm not out here to rock a DJ5 grille....7 slots or nothing IMO...

...which means they do not have any licensing agreement with Jeep and are trying to pass this off without any kind of royalties due. $175 seems outrageous for some carbon fibers molded with epoxy
I tried one of those rings before a few years back and it was heavy, which was one of the things I didn't like about it and I snapped it into at work. I did like how it looked, basically like a flat black regular ring.

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
I tried one of those rings before a few years back and it was heavy, which was one of the things I didn't like about it and I snapped it into at work. I did like how it looked, basically like a flat black regular ring.
I remove mine working on things, out of concern for my hand more than the ring. I've gotten used to the weight though

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
I have a carbide ring as well, I know if hit hard enough it'll shatter but god help my hand up to that point. Working with machines etc, it spends too much time around my neck or buttoned to a shirt pocket. A carbon ring sounds uncomfortable, like wearing a piece of scrap PVC. Yick.