Sponsored

Official "Battle of the Gladiators" Plywood photo contest! this was inevitable

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
We all know about how awesome PLYWOOD is and we're all jones-ing for a photo of some beautiful plywood in the bed of our beloved Gladiators.

First person to post a REAL photo of THEIR 2020 Gladiator that they personally own with bill offense sale photo to back up claim of ownership with a full 4x8 sheet of plywood in the bed with the proper three 2x4's cut and tailgate in the half position according to the directions in the owners manual WINS PRIZE 1!

Prize 2 will be for most unique photo of plywood in bed of your Gladiator that you own personally and supply a bill of sale photo to back up claim of ownership,
any year Gladiator will do for this one. (Cindy included :involve:)

That's it, easy peasy! let the plywood glory begin!

Thanks @kayakmike for triggering my brain to hash this plan out.

FewMellowAustrianpinscher-small.gif

First Prize:
It's over, @Red has won Prize 1, what an epic battle for Plywood supremacy. May all the losers be envious of you're tremendousness. Nobody puts plywood in the JT like @Red, the best, believe me!
Jeep Gladiator Official "Battle of the Gladiators" Plywood photo contest! this was inevitable {filename}

Jeep Gladiator Official "Battle of the Gladiators" Plywood photo contest! this was inevitable {filename}

2nd Prize:
Entry 1: @5JeepsAz

Entry 2: @gladi8or

Entry 3:
@Red

Entry 4:
@JT614
Sponsored

Last edited:

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Appetizer: I know this is DNQ, but it's wife approved pennant plywood badge up against the original gladiator fuel cover... Soon to be permanently affixed badging, when it gets the emblem

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Appetizer: I know this is DNQ, but it's wife approved pennant plywood badge up against the original gladiator fuel cover... Soon to be permanently affixed badging, when it gets the emblem

LMAO, i actually giggled for a few minutes with your pizza slice of plywood. WHERE'S THE NOTCH?!!! Is the top side rounded, or is that just a triangle?

Now i gotta go back and say it has to be a 2020 Gladiator, with a full 4x8 sheet. =P

EDIT: Actually no, F-THAT, Cindy's Plywood photo counts for prize 2. Any Gladiator plywood photo counts for prize 2.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
LMAO, i actually giggled for a few minutes with your pizza slice of plywood. WHERE'S THE NOTCH?!!! Is the top side rounded, or is that just a triangle?

Now i gotta go back and say it has to be a 2020 Gladiator, with a full 4x8 sheet. =P

EDIT: Actually no, F-THAT, Cindy's Plywood photo counts for prize 2. Any Gladiator plywood photo counts for prize 2.
I respectfully decline the prize. We have no way of verifying if Grandpa won the prize back in '64, which might constitute double entendre. However, I will accept the prestige vintage Plywood award if you ever invent that. Yes, I explained at great length to wife (she went in house halfway) about, notching controversy. So the pie slice is sitting flat on top of the fuel filler casing. It is rectangle box. No notch! Well, partly. If you stand at the back and put your hands on the tailgate, they rest in two dents, which could be considered early primitive notching attempts, as a long 2x4 will rest comfortably in either, upon which plywood could be placed.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I respectfully decline the prize. We have no way of verifying if Grandpa won the prize back in '64, which might constitute double entendre. However, I will accept the prestige vintage Plywood award if you ever invent that. Yes, I explained at great length to wife (she went in house halfway) about, notching controversy. So the pie slice is sitting flat on top of the fuel filler casing. It is rectangle box. No notch! Well, partly. If you stand at the back and put your hands on the tailgate, they rest in two dents, which could be considered early primitive notching attempts, as a long 2x4 will rest comfortably in either, upon which plywood could be placed.
lol, YOU DIDN'T WIN YET.

We'll have to put your photo up against the "tens of others" that might partake when they each get their Gladiators.

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
lol, YOU DIDN'T WIN YET.

We'll have to put your photo up against the "tens of others" that might partake when they each get their Gladiators.
Well what the hell kind of competition are you running here? It said first glad to post plywood wins! I respectfully demand a recant! This reminds me of the time over in Honduras, well nevermind

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well what the hell kind of competition are you running here? It said first glad to post plywood wins! I respectfully demand a recant! This reminds me of the time over in Honduras, well nevermind
lol, my bad, 2020 Gladiator and full 4x8 sheet was what i was going for, and this isn't a democracy on this thread. I'm the dark lord Commander running this Jet Ski into fun town damnit!

Ever see Waterworld with Kevin Costner? movie is so bad, its kinda growing on me, lol Don't know how this thing is above a 5.5 on IMDB, https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114898/

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE GCM
He did say full sheet of plywood. Yours qualifies as a sliver of plywood, I think.

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE GCM
lol, my bad, 2020 Gladiator and full 4x8 sheet was what i was going for, and this isn't a democracy on this thread. I'm the dark lord Commander running this Jet Ski into fun town damnit!

Ever see Waterworld with Kevin Costner? movie is so bad, its kinda growing on me, lol Don't know how this thing is above a 5.5 on IMDB, https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114898/
Waterworld was better than the critics made it seem.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
He did say full sheet of plywood. Yours qualifies as a sliver of plywood, I think.
i did change the rules after he posted. Slightly. He's salty, whatevs, lol.

Sponsored

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
I think my first stop after picking up from the dealer is a trip to Home Depot to take a photo of a sheet of plywood in the bed. :like::clap:
What a great idea for a contest! Thanks for the credit. ;)

Of course, Prize #1 winner will be dependent on where the early deliveries of the JT end up, which is really out of anyone's control...

Do you have a cutoff date for Prize #2? Best photo by _______?

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What a great idea for a contest! Thanks for the credit. ;)

Of course, Prize #1 winner will be dependent on where the early deliveries of the JT end up, which is really out of anyone's control...

Do you have a cutoff date for Prize #2? Best photo by _______?
i'll eventually make a cutoff date. But since we don't know when they're going to start showing up, i'll have to wait.

My money for prize #1 is on @pilotpat , sounds like he's getting a launch edition and he's a special ops recon master. If anybody can get it done, he can!

Last edited:

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Lol. Looking forward to this all day. Ok, so

707 is King of waterworld. Plywood.

I snap a pic of a 4x8 to win the revised version? Plywood?

Sliver, even if wife approved, does not count. Plywood.

I'm salty. Plywood!

Lol

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol. Looking forward to this all day. Ok, so

707 is King of waterworld. Plywood.

I snap a pic of a 4x8 to win the revised version? Plywood?

Sliver, even if wife approved, does not count. Plywood.

I'm salty. Plywood!

Lol
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: Wrong Arizona......... read the revised first post, "First person to post a REAL photo of their 2020 Gladiator with
a full 4x8 sheet of plywood in the bed wins prize 1."

Must be a 2020 Gladiator. So unless you're going to double down on a roomate for Cindy and order a 2020 Gladiator, you will only be eligible for prize 2.:angry::CWL:
Sponsored