Sponsored

Oh Shit... DTC U0418 and U0102 All sorts of lights going off!!! HELP!

JBahr

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Stingray Gray
Occupation
Sales
Leaving a restaurant tonight I turned on the jeep to pull out of the lot. I got out of the lot before I noticed traction control go off and then differential lock started flashing. Then Sway bar disconnect unavailable. Then service 4WD. Didn't do anything funny today, drove a standard 125 miles mountain highway without issues then this...

Tried to reset the codes via the Tazer, no luck. Truck will shift to 4WLO but not 4WHI. Jumped under and found some gray grease spun out near the transfer case front axle. Any ideas?
Sponsored

OP
OP
JBahr

JBahr

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
Just an update for those interested...

Dealer found a fuse blown indicating a short. After digging through the truck all day they found the short in the rear diff locker. It was shorted to ground. They removed the connector and found the red power wire was rubbed through due to a sharp edge. Repaired the wire and realigned the harness to avoid the edge.

All issues resolved after test drive. Hope it sticks!!!

FlyingShark

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Project Manager
Just an update for those interested...

Dealer found a fuse blown indicating a short. After digging through the truck all day they found the short in the rear diff locker. It was shorted to ground. They removed the connector and found the red power wire was rubbed through due to a sharp edge. Repaired the wire and realigned the harness to avoid the edge.

All issues resolved after test drive. Hope it sticks!!!
Thanks for posting update. Glad it’s okay now.

OP
OP
JBahr

JBahr

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
No update is a good update... Everything still normal after a few shake down rides. Really was worried they would notice the 5.13's in the differential and the lift and the Tazer and just deny the warranty. Especially the gears... because that's wear the damage likely occurred when they were changed by a local jeep shop, not the dealer...

Optimistically thinking I have a good dealer that understands Jeeps get upgrades and warranties still apply. Or they are just dumb and didn't notice the upgraded gears...

husker_fan

First Name
josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
silverado,suburban,grand cherokee
I have gotten this code the last two times I drove the gladiator using the cruise control, I was able to clear it with my tazer.

Anyone else have this issue?

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I have gotten this code the last two times I drove the gladiator using the cruise control, I was able to clear it with my tazer.

Anyone else have this issue?
The problem with things like this is if 10 people say yes, they've had that issue, there will be 10 different causes and even those may not be what's causing it for you.
I don't know why people don't approach shops and get someone to troubleshoot it.
For most things there will be more than one cause for the same symptoms.

Generically, U0418 is a code for ABS invalid data.
Go look for bad wiring.
Code U0102 is lost communication with transfer case - go check for bad wiring.
Either could be wiring, sensors, a bad connection at an electric connector anywhere along the line.

You can look these codes up using Google or Bing.

husker_fan

First Name
josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
silverado,suburban,grand cherokee
U0418 is the code I was getting.

Wishful thinking i suppose that someone may have had the same issue while driving using cruise control. Getting to the dealer is inconvenient on a good day let alone this time of year while I am busy with work.
Sponsored