Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber stuff
I am now standing squarely in the place so many of you have been before - I have owned my Jeep for a couple weeks and the first of many upgrades happened today. Technically, the first upgrade happened last weekend but that was just weather tech floor mats front and rear so nothing really important enough to start the build thread with. Today, though, was the second easiest new thing: a LineX bed liner.
here’s a few pics:
before
Jeep Gladiator Opa’s HA build 99254F05-8F9F-4A0B-B473-CDEAFA8582D6
Sponsored

OP
OP
TheOpa

TheOpa

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber stuff
Inside the booth, getting ready for prep
Jeep Gladiator Opa’s HA build 8A51BF91-12F5-4361-8E70-0F308BB763C0

OP
OP
TheOpa

TheOpa

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber stuff
Action video

OP
OP
TheOpa

TheOpa

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber stuff
If you are anywhere near Hatboro, PA I highly recommend this shop and the people who work here. First class all the way.

865A6360-DCFF-4EC4-8BBB-88B0D94A67F6.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheOpa

TheOpa

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber stuff
I have a list of parts on order:
  • Clayton 2.5” overland plus suspension system
  • Fox 2.0 shocks
  • Fox 2.0 steering stabilizer
  • RPM 2.5 ton steering system and bracket
  • 35 x 12.50-20 Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T’s
  • AWE Trail Edition cat back exhaust
that’s it for now until I recover a little bit from the cost of everything. I have a few more things in mind for the second phase but I need to get all of this put on and enjoy driving it while I continue to learn from the wisdom and experience of others in this forum and make up my mind what is really important to me to do next.
Probably still four to six weeks away from any parts getting here based on the anticipated delivery times so it may be a while before I have anything else to add.

OP
OP
TheOpa

TheOpa

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber stuff
OK, obviously I do not own a 2011 HA. :headbang: I did not see that I have the ability to correct my profile to make that a 2021. Any guidance or assistance anyone can provide will be appreciated.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
I am now standing squarely in the place so many of you have been before - I have owned my Jeep for a couple weeks and the first of many upgrades happened today. Technically, the first upgrade happened last weekend but that was just weather tech floor mats front and rear so nothing really important enough to start the build thread with. Today, though, was the second easiest new thing: a LineX bed liner.
here’s a few pics:
before
Jeep Gladiator Opa’s HA build 865A6360-DCFF-4EC4-8BBB-88B0D94A67F6
I contacted my local LINE-X for a quote(several times) I never heard back from them. I even contacted corporate to assist me... they stopped replying after a few emails. I really don't have any other options in my area that I know of besides H&H , but I do not like dealing with them. So I ended up contacting another LINE-X about 30-40 miles from me and they answered me within an hour... only thing I am waiting on a response about is if they offer a Military Discount.

Do you mind sharing what option you got ? Standard/Premium/Platinum ?? Also, what you paid ? I was also wondering what they removed vs what they just taped up... did they remove all the screws and plug them ? Remove tie down points ? I know the shops are probably individually franchised, but I would think there would be guidelines on pricing ..... One of the popular youtube guys had his done, did a video of the whole thing and said he paid $600... I believe he got the premium with the UV.

It looks great !

OP
OP
TheOpa

TheOpa

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber stuff
I contacted my local LINE-X for a quote(several times) I never heard back from them. I even contacted corporate to assist me... they stopped replying after a few emails. I really don't have any other options in my area that I know of besides H&H , but I do not like dealing with them. So I ended up contacting another LINE-X about 30-40 miles from me and they answered me within an hour... only thing I am waiting on a response about is if they offer a Military Discount.

Do you mind sharing what option you got ? Standard/Premium/Platinum ?? Also, what you paid ? I was also wondering what they removed vs what they just taped up... did they remove all the screws and plug them ? Remove tie down points ? I know the shops are probably individually franchised, but I would think there would be guidelines on pricing ..... One of the popular youtube guys had his done, did a video of the whole thing and said he paid $600... I believe he got the premium with the UV.

It looks great !
Hey SargeDiesel, first - I see you are retired military, I appreciate and respect that. I was Navy and have often thought (or wished!) I should have made it a career but after I spent a year in the Persian Gulf my wife requested that I not put her through that ever again so when my enlistment was up I separated and started up a different ladder.
I got the Premium. I paid $850 ($901 with tax) which was a little higher than another quote that I got from a different LineX dealer that was about the same distance from my house. I chose to go with the slightly higher quote because the three dealers closest to me had an average of around 30 reviews and 4.5 stars. This shop had over 150 reviews and a 5.0 rating, so the extra money I paid was for peace of mind.
they removed and plugged all bolt holes and the access panels in the tailgate and bed lights. They also removed the tie down points and tailgate hardware. They taped everything else. If you have specific areas of interest let me know and I’m happy to take more pics.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
Hey SargeDiesel, first - I see you are retired military, I appreciate and respect that. I was Navy and have often thought (or wished!) I should have made it a career but after I spent a year in the Persian Gulf my wife requested that I not put her through that ever again so when my enlistment was up I separated and started up a different ladder.
I got the Premium. I paid $850 ($901 with tax) which was a little higher than another quote that I got from a different LineX dealer that was about the same distance from my house. I chose to go with the slightly higher quote because the three dealers closest to me had an average of around 30 reviews and 4.5 stars. This shop had over 150 reviews and a 5.0 rating, so the extra money I paid was for peace of mind.
they removed and plugged all bolt holes and the access panels in the tailgate and bed lights. They also removed the tie down points and tailgate hardware. They taped everything else. If you have specific areas of interest let me know and I’m happy to take more pics.
Thanks for the info... and I appreciate your service and acknowledgement of mine...

They haven't gotten back to me yet concerning the actual % of the military discount, but did quote $525 for the standard and an additional $150. to upgrade to the premium ($675)... seems like a good deal and potentially better after the ??discount??... it about 30 miles further than the local shop, but as you mentioned , it had more stars/better reviews.... sound like they did a great job for you.... I was mainly worried about them tapi g straight lines and over spray.... but from my research, it sounds like they actually go to a special school/classes to get trained... I think the youtube video by [Banned Site] got the Premium and said he paid $600(Nevada I believe) so it seems his pricing is quite a bit better than the quote I got and definitely lower than yours... but I'm with you, these Gladiators are our children and we pay for piece of mind... I wouldn't mind some glamor shots if you have time... glad you are happy with it !

If you really want to watch something crazy..... check this out:

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheOpa

TheOpa

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber stuff
Yesterday was an exciting day! Almost this entire list of things became reality.
I have a list of parts on order:
  • Clayton 2.5” overland plus suspension system
  • Fox 2.0 shocks
  • Fox 2.0 steering stabilizer
  • RPM 2.5 ton steering system and bracket
  • 35 x 12.50-20 Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T’s
  • AWE Trail Edition cat back exhaust
Everything except the AWE exhaust is now installed. I’ll post some pics below and add my initial driving impressions.

OP
OP
TheOpa

TheOpa

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber stuff
First, here are some ‘before’ pics

8834071C-0827-417D-A531-ADCA591D46D7.jpeg

BB95BA64-636A-44EB-9301-DA650A80367A.jpeg

74D22154-E43A-4B69-AE3A-CC708A656E71.jpeg

7EBBA365-D3C7-4F59-8ACD-898D8494E3FA.jpeg

OP
OP
TheOpa

TheOpa

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber stuff
I work a lot of hours and don’t have the opportunity to be outside during the daylight hours this time of year so it will probably be this weekend before I can get some better pics straight from the side, front, back, tire poke - you know, the usual stuff.

OP
OP
TheOpa

TheOpa

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber stuff
Initial driving impression:
my stock tires were Bridgestone Dueler H\L Alenza 275/55R20 and as listed above, I went with the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T’s in 35x12.50R20LT. I know the stock Jeep 20 inch wheels aren’t for everyone but I think they really work with this tire and the overall look. My driving experience so far is limited to about 20 miles last night and as expected, there is a little more steering input needed over the stock tires but the ride is quiet ( nothing over 50 mph yet) and was comfortable (not sure where they set the pressure but I can update on that later). All that being said, the real test for me will be off road. I made an honest attempt to get a 17” wheel and tire package but wanted these specific tires and just couldn’t get them for a 17” wheel, and truthfully I like the look of the wheels Jeep put on this model, so that’s what I went with. The off road evaluation will come later but I don’t think I’ll be disappointed.
As for the ride, I am super pleased with the @Clayton Off Road suspension. The amount of lift, ride quality, steering, and additional clearance are exactly what I hoped they would be. I tried lock to lock with the steering and there is absolutely no rubbing. Minor trimming of the inner fenders. The quality of the various components looks to be top shelf. As with the tires, the true test for me will be off road but I can’t imagine these parts will let me down.
Lastly, I’ll give a shout to the shop that did the installation for me. I went to Locked N Loaded 4x4 in Collegeville PA. I had never been there before and am in no way affiliated with them but I have seen some pretty impressive Jeeps in this area with their decals on them so I checked them out - literally the Monday after I bought my Gladiator while it still had less than 100 miles on it. The owner, Joe, took all the time I needed to listen to what I wanted and made the parts and tire recommendations that I went with. I did go home and research the parts list he gave me and went back a couple days later with the deposit check to get the project started. I can’t say enough good about this shop and would recommend them to anyone. I would typically prefer to do this kind of work myself because I like doing this kind of stuff and I think actually doing the hands on part yourself better prepares you to know what’s happening if you ever need to crawl under the Jeep and troubleshoot a problem when you are off-road, but I work some pretty long hours and have no idea when I could have taken this much time to work on something, and of course I do suffer from some of that “I want it all and I want it NOW!” way of thinking when cool new toys are available, so I went to some pros to get it done.
That’s all I have for now. I’ll post the usual list of measurements and some glamor shots when I have more time this coming weekend.
Sponsored