JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR
I may hold out for awhile and see what you guys come up with. I have the flashcal on mine. So I don’t plan on changing it for the taser or Jscan.
Allow me to clear up some confusion for you here -

The only confirmed issue for some halogen Jeeps is the reverse lights shutting down due to being lower wattage than the OEM halogen bulb. (11w vs 18w)

We have parts available to ship as an immediate solution to this, should you have this issue after you've done the install.

There are zero signal out issues for these on halogen Jeeps so long as you leave the included resistors plugged in per the install instructions.

Tazer/JSCAN solution pertains to OEM LED Equipped Jeeps for signal out error. This is because, while the ORACLE tails draw less wattage than halogen, they draw more than the OEM LED. As stated in an earlier reply, we're ironing out a non-programmer solution for those. That won't pertain to you, since you have a halogen Jeep.
Sponsored

just_another_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I installed the halogen resistors today, which are some generic resistors that come packaged with instructions to install them on the flasher wires. No additional instructions in the box on how to install them for this reverse light problem either. I checked the email I received along with the form I had to fill out to get the resistors, no instructions there. Other than a random post on this forum, I don't see any direction on how to install these from Oracle.

Feels like you guys really put in the bare minimum amount of effort to slap a bandaid on this issue.

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR
I installed the halogen resistors today, which are some generic resistors that come packaged with instructions to install them on the flasher wires. No additional instructions in the box on how to install them for this reverse light problem either. I checked the email I received along with the form I had to fill out to get the resistors, no instructions there. Other than a random post on this forum, I don't see any direction on how to install these from Oracle.

Feels like you guys really put in the bare minimum amount of effort to slap a bandaid on this issue.
Sorry about that, but it's not a band-aid. It's a confirmed resolution to the way the Jeep reacts to having less load than the halogen bulb.

I've posted up instructions here a few times, as well as trained our customer support staff on how to provide these instructions.

Essentially, you just need to tap one end of each resistor to the white wire and the other end to the black wire, on the ORACLE Tail Light harness. These resistors aren't polarized, so it doesn't matter which end goes to which wire. Here's a clearer picture as to where to tap those in on the tails:

Jeep Gladiator Oracle Flush Mount Taillights Arrived Today Rev
Sponsored