Sponsored

Oracle Oculus Bi LED Headlight replacements?

Nuttall

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR ,2023 Grand Cherokee ,2011 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Construction
Got mine installed yesterday! Pretty easy install after watching the video.

20200407_204748.jpg
Sponsored

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
I got mine installed this weekend. I really don't like the green tint of the halos. Oracle insists that they're white. Everybody else that sees them agrees with me. How can you say that these are white with a straight face? They look the same no matter what the ambient light or setting is.

20200412_124750.jpg

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
I got mine installed this weekend. I really don't like the green tint of the halos. Oracle insists that they're white. Everybody else that sees them agrees with me. How can you say that these are white with a straight face? They look the same no matter what the ambient light or setting is.
Hello, all of our Oculus lights from every production run have the exact same LEDs with the exact same CCT. The DRL diffuser optics may enhance certain color spectrums in certain settings but the LEDs and light produced is pure white; 5500K CCT to be exact.

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello, all of our Oculus lights from every production run have the exact same LEDs with the exact same CCT. The DRL diffuser optics may enhance certain color spectrums in certain settings but the LEDs and light produced is pure white; 5500K CCT to be exact.
I can't tell you why a white light looks green but it does. Maybe you should put a white background around the halo because something in the light assembly makes the final output look green. It's not just in certain settings. I can see it in other pictures of your lights and it seems that I'm not the first one to make this exact comment.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
We understand you've been in touch with Melissa, but we wanted to echo that we appreciate your feedback and have brought your concern and suggestions to our R&D department who will let us know if there are any updates. Thanks again.

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We understand you've been in touch with Melissa, but we wanted to echo that we appreciate your feedback and have brought your concern and suggestions to our R&D department who will let us know if there are any updates. Thanks again.
Awesome. Please keep us informed. Thank you very much.

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My guess is that you may be sourcing 5500 and only getting 4500 or so. Either that or there's something in the lens/body that's refracting into the visible light. I have no way to measure the Kelvin, just guessing.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
My guess is that you may be sourcing 5500 and only getting 4500 or so. Either that or there's something in the lens/body that's refracting into the visible light. I have no way to measure the Kelvin, just guessing.
We conducted a full photometric test report on the lights (as we do in production as a control). This test would take into account "something in the lens/body that's refracting into the visible light".

IMG_0808.jpg

You can see on the Chroma Map the DRL Halo LEDs are pure white.
IMG_0809.jpg

We further confirmed the results by comparing the latest production vs original production with hundreds of miles on them- both are white.
IMG_0807.jpg

You can see in the image the member Nuttall posted directly above your post the Halos are clearly white.
20200407_204748-jpg.jpg

We have already explained that he DRL diffuser optics may enhance certain color spectrums in certain settings from certain angles. Do you have a photo of the Jeep outside where you are far enough to see both headlights where they still appear to have a green hue in your opinion?

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
I will say they look a light truer white in the lab setting, could it have anything to do with outdoor lighting mixing with the led light/housing? Anyone have any night time pics where daylight wouldn't interfere with the light output?

Sponsored

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We conducted a full photometric test report on the lights (as we do in production as a control). This test would take into account "something in the lens/body that's refracting into the visible light".

[

We have already explained that he DRL diffuser optics may enhance certain color spectrums in certain settings from certain angles. Do you have a photo of the Jeep outside where you are far enough to see both headlights where they still appear to have a green hue in your opinion?

I'll get you one of mine. In the mean time look at Page 3 reply 38. Page 5 reply 66. Your picture on Page 6 reply 86 clearly shows how green they look.

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have 2 other vehicles with LED running lights and they both look white to the eye in any setting or any ambient lighting. They both photograph white as well.
Sponsored