First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S Diesel
Occupation
Project Manager
So I ordered my JTSD without any LED lights with the intension of adding Oracle lights. For sure the tail lights as well as the rear bumper LED's and lastly the heated LED headlights. But now my question is are people having bad experiences with Oracle and are the lights quality? If I am paying this kind of money I expect quality and good customer support.
Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
So I ordered my JTSD without any LED lights with the intension of adding Oracle lights. For sure the tail lights as well as the rear bumper LED's and lastly the heated LED headlights. But now my question is are people having bad experiences with Oracle and are the lights quality? If I am paying this kind of money I expect quality and good customer support.
It seems to be all over the board, but mine have worked great after reprogramming with JScan, and I've had them since they came out. I think if you have that, and program it correctly, they should work.

Shawnu22

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager
It seems to be all over the board, but mine have worked great after reprogramming with JScan, and I've had them since they came out. I think if you have that, and program it correctly, they should work.
Thanks, I didn't know I would have to program them. I didn't intend to buy a scanner are they expensive? Not even sure what it does.

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR
Hey Shawn,

Happy to address any concerns for you. I'll start with what you've already expressed:

"Are people having bad experiences with Oracle and are the lights quality?"
Rest assured, these lights are produced with top quality in mind & their fit, performance, and overall look demonstrate that perfectly. The issues some users are experiencing right now are related to the way some Jeep's are set up to sense faults on the light circuit. Essentially, seeing wattage other than the factory tails will cause either the reverse light to shut down on halogen models, or signal out dash message on LED models.

In your case, since you have halogen tails and plan to also purchase the bumper reverse lights, here's what you need to do to guarantee zero issues and no need to use a programmer:

1. Purchase the Flush Mount Tails PN# 5882-504 and Bumper Reverse Light kit WITHOUT the P&P Harness (You will not be able to use this in this instance) PN# 5878-504

2. Upon install - Wire in the bumper reverse lights per our install video instructions:

Doing the install this way will ensure the wattage drawn matches what the original reverse light bulb was. Thus, you will not have any issues.

In regards to our customer support, I can also assure you that we handle things on a case by case basis and try to offer customer the best options we can within our policies.

I hope this helps! Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any other concerns!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Shawnu22

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager
Hey Shawn,

Happy to address any concerns for you. I'll start with what you've already expressed:

"Are people having bad experiences with Oracle and are the lights quality?"
Rest assured, these lights are produced with top quality in mind & their fit, performance, and overall look demonstrate that perfectly. The issues some users are experiencing right now are related to the way some Jeep's are set up to sense faults on the light circuit. Essentially, seeing wattage other than the factory tails will cause either the reverse light to shut down on halogen models, or signal out dash message on LED models.

In your case, since you have halogen tails and plan to also purchase the bumper reverse lights, here's what you need to do to guarantee zero issues and no need to use a programmer:

1. Purchase the Flush Mount Tails PN# 5882-504 and Bumper Reverse Light kit WITHOUT the P&P Harness (You will not be able to use this in this instance) PN# 5878-504

2. Upon install - Wire in the bumper reverse lights per our install video instructions:

Doing the install this way will ensure the wattage drawn matches what the original reverse light bulb was. Thus, you will not have any issues.

In regards to our customer support, I can also assure you that we handle things on a case by case basis and try to offer customer the best options we can within our policies.

I hope this helps! Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any other concerns!
Thank you JP, that is a big help! I appreciate you guys being on this forum and taking the time to answer questions.

just_another_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
There's some r&d issues with the oracle lights (reverse lights didn't work on mine), but they seem to be attempting to address them. The quality of the light seems pretty good, but the driver side fitment on mine (and some others) isn't great because they don't follow the contour of the bed.

PXL_20211219_181154506.jpg

Having said all that, I really enjoy the flush mount look and still prefer them over the "blocky" stock style lights even with the issues they are having.

jeremy342

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Do the non-oracles work with LED package? the black smoked ones would look pretty sharp on my black gladiator. not sure if they suffer the same problems reported by the the LED to oracle people

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR
Do the non-oracles work with LED package? the black smoked ones would look pretty sharp on my black gladiator. not sure if they suffer the same problems reported by the the LED to oracle people
This totally depends on the wattage. If the lenses are smoked, chances are the LEDs need to be brighter to compensate, thus...more wattage.

This is going to be the dilemma for most if not all mfg making tails for the JL and JT.

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
My headlight halos stopped working and took about a week but they sent me a new cable which fixed the problem. So they do fix stuff had to pay shipping.

Sponsored

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys
Check reviews on CJ Pony and Amazon. I haven’t read any issues.

jeremy342

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Check reviews on CJ Pony and Amazon. I haven’t read any issues.
i went through them all but nothing specifically mentioned they started with LEDs. as you probably also know, shipping costs an arm and a leg up here to sw ontario, so just wanted to be sure.

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys
i went through them all but nothing specifically mentioned they started with LEDs. as you probably also know, shipping costs an arm and a leg up here to sw ontario, so just wanted to be sure.
I’ve seen them on Amazon (Canada) for $375 ish. I hear you though. At least with Amazon you can return them without any issues.
Sponsored