Sponsored

Ordered New Build, what to expect?

SFBayArea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Just ordered, my first build. Never done it before, but figured instead of waiting for possibly good deal on the existing market with extra options I don't need or care for, which boost MSRP up, I'd rather order exactly what I want.
Did you order your Gladiator?
How long did you wait for it to arrive at the dealership?
Should I be getting some sort of weekly updates on the built, or is that wishful thinking?
Wonder what kind of set back my order will have due to the COVID? Dealer told me possibly 12 weeks or longer.
Sponsored

usc4duke

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350z; 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Just ordered mine one week ago (through @Travis@TriCityJeep) and heard the same timeline (12-14 weeks). I chatted with FCA and got my VIN and was told "Currently all of your parts have arrived, and your vehicle is scheduled for and awaiting assembly line work." No clue what this means in regards to timing but sounded encouraging!

OP
OP

SFBayArea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Just ordered mine one week ago (through @Travis@TriCityJeep) and heard the same timeline (12-14 weeks). I chatted with FCA and got my VIN and was told "Currently all of your parts have arrived, and your vehicle is scheduled for and awaiting assembly line work." No clue what this means in regards to timing but sounded encouraging!
Cool, I ordered through Travis as well :), good guy to deal with.
How did you "chat with FCA"? What information did you provide them so they can find you?
I hate waiting :-0.

usc4duke

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350z; 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
He is the best! Easy to deal with and great deals!
go to: https://fcacommunity.force.com/Jeep/s/knowledge and then hit the CHAT button in the upper left. Have your VON available to give them. I selected the Customer Service option on the Chat window. They will ask for your address and then help you out!

OP
OP

SFBayArea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK

Sponsored

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Just ordered, my first build. Never done it before, but figured instead of waiting for possibly good deal on the existing market with extra options I don't need or care for, which boost MSRP up, I'd rather order exactly what I want.
Should I be getting some sort of weekly updates on the built, or is that wishful thinking?
Wonder what kind of set back my order will have due to the COVID? Dealer told me possibly 12 weeks or longer.
Impossible to estimate delivery time with any accuracy right now. If you find thread about
How Jeep and FCA Factories Will Look Upon Reopening With COVID Prevention Measures
you will see FCA is expecting production to be only 50% as before (vehicles per day). Couple that with not knowing how many builds were left not completed when they shut down, and you have a lot of uncertainty . . .

salsadoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon
i ordered my back in the fall from Putnam jeep in burlingame. took 9 weeks

ACLdestroyer

First Name
JMW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Tech
Ordered a JT Rubi on Tuesday. Dealer told me 9-12 weeks. :dunno:

Excited but happy to wait for the right vehicle and Im hoping there are some incentives after midyear

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Excited but happy to wait for the right vehicle and I'm hoping there are some incentives after midyear
I think it likely employee pricing will remain in effect for the immediate future to generate much needed cash flow.

OP
OP

SFBayArea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Ordered a JT Rubi on Tuesday. Dealer told me 9-12 weeks. :dunno:

Excited but happy to wait for the right vehicle and Im hoping there are some incentives after midyear
Are you saying on top of the known 8% off of invoice you can get deeper discount? How so?

Sponsored

Gploversr

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Toyota Tacoma, 2014 Harley Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Limited
Occupation
Network Architect / Manager

I ordered mine in September 2019 and it was ready for pickup at the dealer in November - about 8 weeks.

SloW8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
How do you get your VON#?
Sponsored