Sponsored

ORDERING MOJAVE TOMORROW

DLAW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Nissan Pathfinder, '08 Honda Civic, '12 Honda CR-V, '16 Honda Odyssey, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Predicting the future
Drive the hell out of it before you sign the papers. I test drove one while mine was being pulled off the truck and washed. I assumed the same model drove the same. I have a POS and didn’t realize it until half way home.
Wait, what's wrong with the one you took home?
Sponsored

DLAW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Nissan Pathfinder, '08 Honda Civic, '12 Honda CR-V, '16 Honda Odyssey, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Predicting the future
Thank you very much, that is pretty close to the build I am doing. Quick question on two items: 1. Leather, I was thinking about getting the Katskins added later instead of factory leather cause the gray leather is too light and will get dirty quick. Heard any bad things about Katskins?

2. Cargo management: you can add everything including the outlet later? I know you can add the box and the rails but thought it might be a PITA to add the outlet.

3. Can you buy the bluetooth speaker later as well?

Thanks, I appreciate it.
1. For the amount of money you can save by not getting leather, I do like the idea of just putting the fitted leather on afterwards. This has a couple benefits for me. One, leather in the back seats is useless to me. It's business up front, party in the back. And by party, I mean my kids. A day 1 mod was a cheap back seat cover before I put the child seats on. Uhhhg. I can't wait until they are done with those. Plus, with the fitted leather, you take them off after 5 years and you have brand new seats. That's awesome. (I went leather, but I was just lazy and impatient on that one)

2. Do you really need an outlet in the back for about $500 extra? meeeehhhh, not me. I just threw the on the rails myself. you can plug an inverter into your 7 Pin trailer outlet very easily if you ever need one. Just run a 400 Watt inverter for about $50 whenever you need it.

3. I'm not sure about the bluetooth speaker because they install a charging station behind the seat for it. I'm not sure if that charging thing is there without the initial purchase of the speaker. would have to look into that one. BUT, $300 for a BT speaker is a bit much these days. The tech keeps getting cheaper and cheaper. You can get some incredible sound from spending $100. That new JBL line is really nice. It's a pick your size type thing. My buddy brought a rather small one on our camping trip, and we were all amazed at how it sounded. The Jeeps are slathered in USB ports, so you won't have a hard time charging it.

Nebulocity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Mojave - Sting Gray
Thank you very much, that is pretty close to the build I am doing. Quick question on two items: 1. Leather, I was thinking about getting the Katskins added later instead of factory leather cause the gray leather is too light and will get dirty quick. Heard any bad things about Katskins?

The light gray was too light for me. I saw that as a struggle to keep clean over time, so I went with the dark gray. All I've heard about Katskins has been positive, but the price is kind of high, you may want to compare just going with factory leather to see how much you would save?

2. Cargo management: you can add everything including the outlet later? I know you can add the box and the rails but thought it might be a PITA to add the outlet.

From what I've seen on this forum, it seems pretty straightforward to wire it to the bed. Aux switches are a must.

3. Can you buy the bluetooth speaker later as well?

If you go with the speaker, it's wired to the RR seat for charging. If you don't do the option the wiring is not there, adding it later seems like a PITA to me and costly. So for the speaker option, you get the speaker and the charging port wired.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

ClunkyJeep

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Wait, what's wrong with the one you took home?
I have transmission issues once it warms up. It doesn’t start showing until I drive for a few miles.

Not saying they are all bad. But I didn’t start to notice my issues until I was on my home 10 miles from the dealership in stop and go traffic. I drove an identical one and made the deal while they were washing the color I wanted that was fresh off the truck. Lesson learned.

Sponsored

Jay Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red JT
Drive the hell out of it before you sign the papers. I test drove one while mine was being pulled off the truck and washed. I assumed the same model drove the same. I have a POS and didn’t realize it until half way home.
Yep, very good point. Looking for steering issues and rough idle/misfiring.

atxatxatx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK2Grand Cherokee,Gladiator Mojave
Order the front trail camera also, while you can add an aftermarket one in later it's not the same quality.

First Name
Hardy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Cold weather gets you the remote start...lovin it!

Cloth then Katskinz would net you similar pricing + some down time but you also can add in vented + heated seats...I'd look into that.

I love the ACC and advanced safety group. I have seen a few hiccups on it but mostly it's saving me when I come up on much slower cars.

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Hey Folks, ordering my long awaited 2021 Mojave tomorrow. Anybody got any last minute suggestions for what TO put on it or what NOT to put on it? You guys are the experts, let me know!
load it out as much as you can afford to. For me, leather, led’s, cold weather, and tow are musts.

8.4 is nice and i like it; as well as other stuff. I do wish mine had the auto cruise control. American drivers are so bad that regular cruise control is almost unusable on the interstate now.

get the v8 if its an option.

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 1989 YJ
Occupation
Jeep Headliners
What I didn't get (no regrets):

Factory headliners - added Hotheads. Pleased so far.

Enjoy! It's nice getting what you want and not settling for what's on a dealer lot.
I'm glad you're pleased so far with your new Hothead Headliners!

-Mark