Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Principal
For less than $4,000, I’d buy the comparably optioned Rubi and not look back. It would have been a $10k difference with me, so I went with the Overland.
Sponsored

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
Well, after long deliberation I decided to get the Rubicon. With it being only $3.9k more I could justify it to myself. My wife was on board so, that makes it easier for sure. Will I be that guy that doesn’t need it, more than likely but I am getting a new Rubicon for about 2k less than I can get a used one for in my area so in my mind if I hate it I’ll be okay if I have to sell. Submitted the order to Kent at Peterson and now I wait. Thanks everyone for the insight and the help.
Nice! If you passed on the Rubicon, you’d be missing out on this every time you fire up your JT.🤡

Jeep Gladiator Overland or Rubicon AE1B5B3D-5514-4363-870B-F9D5A2B8DDD2

OP
OP
susee80

susee80

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-150, 1990 Bronco
Occupation
USAF
Congrats. Post pictures when you get it. If anything, I think you’ll find those features are so good, you’ll do more than you might have otherwise. Again, nothing wrong with an overland, but for 3.9k, it’s almost an easy decision.
Let’s hope
Nice! If you passed on the Rubicon, you’d be missing out on this every time you fire up your JT.🤡

Jeep Gladiator Overland or Rubicon AE1B5B3D-5514-4363-870B-F9D5A2B8DDD2
Nice, I’m looking forward to that.

0REDSOX7

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Jeep Gladiator Overland or Rubicon 534D8150-C4E1-4078-B014-2F9722F49B0F
Hi all, new here, first post. Not new to Jeeps, just the Gladiator.

I was faced with this dilemma just this week. I ultimately settled on the Overland edition because most of my off-road activities I do are simply driving out on the beaches where I live.

Outside of putting some new tires to help with the sand, it’s exactly what I wanted and needed.

So, for me, this worked best, and got 4500 below sticker for it, too (nothing like that on the rubicon).

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Jeep Gladiator Overland or Rubicon 534D8150-C4E1-4078-B014-2F9722F49B0F
Hi all, new here, first post. Not new to Jeeps, just the Gladiator.

I was faced with this dilemma just this week. I ultimately settled on the Overland edition because most of my off-road activities I do are simply driving out on the beaches where I live.

Outside of putting some new tires to help with the sand, it’s exactly what I wanted and needed.

So, for me, this worked best, and got 4500 below sticker for it, too (nothing like that on the rubicon).
They look so much better with bigger tires on the stock wheels. Mine just didn’t look right. The only good looking thing in that pic was the beach and my fiancée. Haha

Jeep Gladiator Overland or Rubicon 979F8685-3194-4625-9A40-064E594CE171

Sponsored

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They look so much better with bigger tires on the stock wheels. Mine just didn’t look right. The only good looking thing in that pic was the beach and my fiancée. Haha

Jeep Gladiator Overland or Rubicon 979F8685-3194-4625-9A40-064E594CE171
I’m actually looking forward to getting my overland with the stock all season tires for better ride quality.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I’m actually looking forward to getting my overland with the stock all season tires for better ride quality.
Mine rides better and handles with my larger all terrains. It feels more planted to the road and stable and I don’t notice the smaller bumps as much.

I was careful with what tire I got and I didn’t go too big at 285/70/18. Tire pressure is key. I run 34 psi vs 38. The tires wear evenly and it doesn’t wander as much also.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine rides better and handles with my larger all terrains. It feels more planted to the road and stable and I don’t notice the smaller bumps as much.

I was careful with what tire I got and I didn’t go too big at 285/70/18. Tire pressure is key. I run 34 psi vs 38. The tires wear evenly and it doesn’t wander as much also.
Interesting, I thought between my Rubi and Mojave the overland rode way better with the all season and definitely handled much better than my ATs that were Falken. Definitely notice zero wander on the Overland trim and I presume it’s because of the tires.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Interesting, I thought between my Rubi and Mojave the overland rode way better with the all season and definitely handled much better than my ATs that were Falken. Definitely notice zero wander on the Overland trim and I presume it’s because of the tires.
No. It’s the spring rate. The Overlands have the softest springs. The Rubicon tires are really rough riding if you don’t lower the air pressure. I put Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3s on mine because I’ve had them before and they ride and handle great, have great rain traction and are basically silent if you keep them rotated. There are other good choices as well, but I stuck with what works for me.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No. It’s the spring rate. The Overlands have the softest springs. The Rubicon tires are really rough riding if you don’t lower the air pressure. I put Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3s on mine because I’ve had them before and they ride and handle great, have great rain traction and are basically silent if you keep them rotated. There are other good choices as well, but I stuck with what works for me.
I’ll have to check those out, hated the Falkens

Sponsored

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I’ll have to check those out, hated the Falkens
You’d never guess it by looking at the tread pattern. It looks aggressive, but they got all Sciencey about it I guess. 32k miles later and they are still quiet.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What factors play into the wandering outside of larger tires?

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
thewongwindingroad.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Fj40 lq9 on 38s 2021 JTRD Gecko Green on 37s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
Love my JTRD on 37s. Diesel is more right now, but Im getting pretty good mileage and would do it again. I just dont get why it drinks so much DEF

DJI_0022.JPG

ColoradoKH

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
High altitude
Occupation
GM
Well, after long deliberation I decided to get the Rubicon. With it being only $3.9k more I could justify it to myself. My wife was on board so, that makes it easier for sure. Will I be that guy that doesn’t need it, more than likely but I am getting a new Rubicon for about 2k less than I can get a used one for in my area so in my mind if I hate it I’ll be okay if I have to sell. Submitted the order to Kent at Peterson and now I wait. Thanks everyone for the insight and the help.
I got my high altitude 3.0 diesel, i live in CO no problems with overheating. I also got mine from from Kent in Nampa, great experience. Have fun with it.
Sponsored