Sponsored

Overland with fox Rubicon shocks giving me hollow clunk sound while going over larger bump

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Just added a 2.5 ready lift leveling kit with 35's found some fox Rubicon shocks (new take offs) and now i have a hollow clunk while going over larger bumps at speed. Are the Rubicon shocks just incredibly stiffer or did I screw something up? Any tips would be greatly appreciated
Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Make sure all bolts are torqued to the correct amount. Had the same thing with a JKU, one of the rear shock mount bolts wasn’t tight enough.

Indavis01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Volvo Xc90 Polestar
Occupation
Finder of bad stuff and people.
Vehicle Showcase
My JKU did the same thing and I had to get one of my shocks replaced, also it may be a loose control arm or bushing from the lift. Check the tightening on the bolts from the lift.

LaRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2007 JKU, 1989 YJ
With just adding the lift I’d check torque on all bolts. When I’ve had a clunk in the suspension I usually find either a shock or swaybar link loose.

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
I had this too and I missed one of the mount bolts when swapping out the shocks/springs. It drove me crazy for a day and half until I realized what it was...

OP
OP
2fat4proracing
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
I'm an idiot I totally missed one lower shock bolt for a re torque thanks for your help !! It's all good!
Sponsored