Sponsored

Mopar 2” Fox Shocks vs. Rubicon Fox Shocks

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition Bright White (stock) / 2009 Harley Davidson Night Train / 2021 Yamaha GP1800R Riva Racing Stage 1+
Thats only 1.1 inch longer than a Mopar lift shock. I have a shock specification thread with all shock lengths that I have been able to capture. You have to remember that the shock is mounted on an angle, so its not a 1.1 inch drop. More like 3/4 of an inch. But I am curious if this will work with mopar springs. Here is the table.

1613067784328.png
I guess my other concern was this thread where the guy states the Mopar 2” shocks (rear) are 19” compressed and 27-15/16” extended, don’t know if that’s true but he’s stating he’s measuring them eye to eye..

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...pressed-and-extended-specs.27710/#post-470305
Sponsored

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition Bright White (stock) / 2009 Harley Davidson Night Train / 2021 Yamaha GP1800R Riva Racing Stage 1+
More updates, JKS said after some digging the length callout on their website is a typo and is being updated to 28”, still interested in what your shocks are engraved with...let me know!

Last edited:

rmerkushen

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Solutions Architect
I guess my other concern was this thread where the guy states the Mopar 2” shocks (rear) are 19” compressed and 27-15/16” extended, don’t know if that’s true but he’s stating he’s measuring them eye to eye..

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...pressed-and-extended-specs.27710/#post-470305
I mean he is not much off.. My shocks are perfect in the rear, but seem like could drop little more in the front. For .5 inch gain in the front, its not worth for me to upgrade to 2-3 inch set. If I decide to upgrade shocks in the future, I would step up to falcons adjustable.

OP
OP
Renegade

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I mean he is not much off.. My shocks are perfect in the rear, but seem like could drop little more in the front. For .5 inch gain in the front, its not worth for me to upgrade to 2-3 inch set. If I decide to upgrade shocks in the future, I would step up to falcons adjustable.
You don’t have to do the same Fox “set” front and rear. Buy whichever lengths match your needs. I don’t like that Teraflex requires you to buy the whole set in the front/rear lengths they spec. Their “set” lengths do seem to match a little better than Fox’s do though. I think Fox rushed lift size descriptions on theirs without enough testing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Renegade

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
More updates, JKS said after some digging the length callout on their website is a typo and is being updated to 28”, still interested in what your shocks are engraved with...let me know!
There are two numbers, neither of which appears match a standard Fox part number.

7644EE9A-FE7E-40FB-9315-BC33F614B983.jpeg

79F1060F-4D5C-46F4-BEE7-D40A813EF8C7.jpeg

Sponsored

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, so the Rabbit Hole goes even a little deeper....BDS8250 refers to the shock body size, which seems specifically manufactured in tandem with BDS (which also found an article that said Fox Factory acquired BDS, and we know they have JKS, apparently they own everyone LOL) to build lift kits (they had different size bodies, 2.0,2.25,2.5 which would get a different BDS #) The other set of numbers I couldn’t find anything on....now if you go to BDS website and look at their 3” JT lift, they list the front Shocks (-177) and their rears at 982-24-758. Can’t find anything on RideFox with that P/N yet, but a quick google search comes back with Fox Shocks with Max travel of 25” for a JK wrangler...JK’s have a different mounting end so that can’t be the same but their are Fox Shocks with that number, for JK’s (saw some old ads with real pics)...now if I type in “BDS982-24-758” I find a complete different set of information on Fox Shocks that fit the JT with specs of 28”/16.6”....which is exactly what BDS lists on their site, and exactly what JKS told me the specs of their shocks are....idk what all this means but damn what a f*** show 🤣🤣🤣

Oh and apparently the 28”BDS shocks are used across multiple platforms (Jeep, Dodge, Chevy, etc...)

OP
OP
Renegade

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Ok, so the Rabbit Hole goes even a little deeper....BDS8250 refers to the shock body size, which seems specifically manufactured in tandem with BDS (which also found an article that said Fox Factory acquired BDS, and we know they have JKS, apparently they own everyone LOL) to build lift kits (they had different size bodies, 2.0,2.25,2.5 which would get a different BDS #) The other set of numbers I couldn’t find anything on....now if you go to BDS website and look at their 3” JT lift, they list the front Shocks (-177) and their rears at 982-24-758. Can’t find anything on RideFox with that P/N yet, but a quick google search comes back with Fox Shocks with Max travel of 25” for a JK wrangler...JK’s have a different mounting end so that can’t be the same but their are Fox Shocks with that number, for JK’s (saw some old ads with real pics)...now if I type in “BDS982-24-758” I find a complete different set of information on Fox Shocks that fit the JT with specs of 28”/16.6”....which is exactly what BDS lists on their site, and exactly what JKS told me the specs of their shocks are....idk what all this means but damn what a f*** show 🤣🤣🤣

Oh and apparently the 28”BDS shocks are used across multiple platforms (Jeep, Dodge, Chevy, etc...)
The shock bodies themselves could have multiple applications. The shock could still have different bushings, mounting styles, and valving for all kinds of applications. Maybe that other number identifies that stuff in Fox code?

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The shock bodies themselves could have multiple applications. The shock could still have different bushings, mounting styles, and valving for all kinds of applications. Maybe that other number identifies that stuff in Fox code?
Exactly what I’m thinking..the BDS # is definitely referring to the blank housing size...the other number is more than likely some type of product identifier, probably unique to the shocks they build for JKS 3” kit...it’s just getting confusing with them discontinuing / reusing some FOX P/Ns, but not listing them on their main site....now mixing in 3rd party numbers and identifiers...anyways, thanks for checking on he shocks, actually helped quite a bit..

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Found an old thread where I posted a pic of the box top:

Jeep Gladiator Mopar 2” Fox Shocks vs. Rubicon Fox Shocks C20A83C2-08C2-49C9-99B4-3294A76A5948
Yeah I might actually go that route...might lose 1/2”max on extended travel but gain way more than that on collapsed (compared to the 2.5 Mopar Fox), I’m assuming your pleased with them?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Renegade

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Yeah I might actually go that route...might lose 1/2”max on extended travel but gain way more than that on collapsed (compared to the 2.5 Mopar Fox), I’m assuming your pleased with them?
I am happy with them, especially for what I paid for the pair (around $270). I’m still on stock rear springs with 1.5 spacers, so my real judgment will come when I’ve swapped in 2” Synergy rear springs to match the front. With the stock springs, the rear feels like it over-travels under compressions sometimes when hitting certain dips in the road. They are the exact lengths I was looking for, as I’m running 37s with trimmed fenders, and no additional bump stop, so I gained a full 2” of travel.

862B5204-1F7F-4E35-A834-A9398BB70716.jpeg

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am happy with them, especially for what I paid for the pair (around $270). I’m still on stock rear springs with 1.5 spacers, so my real judgment will come when I’ve swapped in 2” Synergy rear springs to match the front. With the stock springs, the rear feels like it over-travels under compressions sometimes when hitting certain dips in the road. They are the exact lengths I was looking for, as I’m running 37s with trimmed fenders, and no additional bump stop, so I gained a full 2” of travel.

Jeep Gladiator Mopar 2” Fox Shocks vs. Rubicon Fox Shocks 862B5204-1F7F-4E35-A834-A9398BB70716
YEAHHHHHHHYHH BUDDDDY!!!:rock::rock::rock::rock: Looking good, that’s my one concern with the shocks from the Mopar lift, I feel like for an”aftermarket kit” the shock travel is so limited..:

Metzger

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Real Estate
I spoke with Fox, the Fox 2-3" 985-24-220 should work with a 1.5"rear spacer and the valving is different with a 985-24-220 vs 982-24-927

2-3"985-24-220

862B5204-1F7F-4E35-A834-A9398BB70716.jpeg

ArmyMP

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon "Betsy"
Occupation
Veteran
Get these. It's definitely worth the cry and the Ramen diet.

fox-25psrr2020jjtf_parent_item-1.jpg

IMG_5266.jpg

IMG_5267.jpg

willhonkforparts

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD & 2008 JKUR
Occupation
Self-loathing